Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie - Simple Show Builder question...

tng5737

I have some seqs I want to use in a directory (other than the default LOR path) that I want to sue to build my show. The list SSB presents is does NOT seem to be a list of all the seqs in the default path for seqs which makes me wonder just how it is determining which seqs to add to its "available" list and where is it looking?

How do I tell SSB where to get my lms files?

The SSB uses your default LOR path to look for show files.

Make sure the "All Files" option is checked, and any LMS file in your sequences directory will be there.

There are many other lms files in the default path but they don't show up! The ONLY ones which show up were the seqs from LOR's Pack 001 and amazingly one other lms which isn't in the package and as I said before there are quite a few LMS files in that dir. which don't show? So there must be something like an index file or something which tells it which files to include!

Well, I decided not to fight it and changed how I work with the files. Before I had a separate location where I kept my "finished" seqs. and used the default as a workspace while developing new ones. I took all the files out of the default dirs and put them into a separate work dir. and moved my finished files into the default dirs. Now SSB can find all my finished seqs.

tng5737 wrote:

There are many other lms files in the default path but they don't show up! The ONLY ones which show up were the seqs from LOR's Pack 001 and amazingly one other lms which isn't in the package and as I said before there are quite a few LMS files in that dir. which don't show? So there must be something like an index file or something which tells it which files to include!

Something, then, has gone wrong. There is no index file, or anything like that for the SSB. It simply looks in your default sequences directory.

16 Channel sequences have _16 at the end, and 32 channel sequences have _32. If you have either of the two options checked at the bottom (16/32 channels) then the only thing you will see are those files.

If you've created files on your own, I'm guessing you didn't add _16 or _32 to the end. (Because, really, that would be silly to do.) If you've checked the "All Files" options located on at the bottom of the left window, then something else has gone horribly wrong.

In your Light-O-Rama program directory (usually C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama) there is a file called "LORPost.exe" This is the file that runs right after setup and asks where you want your sequences to be stored.

Re-running this program will update your system with the correct information. As always, be sure to make a backup of your sequences first, just to be on the super safe side.

tng5737 wrote:

Well, I decided not to fight it and changed how I work with the files. Before I had a separate location where I kept my "finished" seqs. and used the default as a workspace while developing new ones. I took all the files out of the default dirs and put them into a separate work dir. and moved my finished files into the default dirs. Now SSB can find all my finished seqs.

Okay, so I got busy then finished my other post.

Remember, the SSB looks in your default directory for sequences. (It will not recursively look into sub-directories.) That's why you were not seeing the sequences.

Thanks, for the information. Many of the lms files were "free" seqs, downloaded from various sites. Many of these did not have the '16' or '32' appended. After editing to fit my layout etc..., I simply saved them to my "finished" dir leaving the original in the default path. Good info on the LORPOST pgm.

Thanks for your help!