Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Configuration

Guest guest

For just such a situation, I use a screen dump program. Alternately, on your keyboard you could SHIFT - PRTSC, open MS Word and paste the screen image there. It's not a perfect answer but might just help.

My Screen Dump program lets me specify if I want a computer file in lieu of cut and paste. This allows me to crop and manipulate the image as needed.

ggregzim wrote:

For just such a situation, I use a screen dump program. Alternately, on your keyboard you could SHIFT - PRTSC, open MS Word and paste the screen image there. It's not a perfect answer but might just help.

My Screen Dump program lets me specify if I want a computer file in lieu of cut and paste. This allows me to crop and manipulate the image as needed.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Michael B

Try control shift print screen

Whether you use just SHIFT + PRINT SCREEN

OR CTRL + SHIFT + PRTSCREEN

be sure to press them all at the same time

Then open paint or word and simply paste

logan_moore wrote:

Try control shift print screen

Whether you use just SHIFT + PRINT SCREEN

OR CTRL + SHIFT + PRTSCREEN

be sure to press them all at the same time

Then open paint or word and simply paste

Good point Logan, make sure that you hold both keys down at the same time. To clarify what this does...

CTRL+Shift makes a screen print of the window that currently has focus (is pulled up in front of the other windows). Alternatively, you can just press print screen to create a screen print of your whole screen.

CTRL PRTSCRN takes a whole desktop screencap.

However ALT PRTSCRN takes just the window in focus.

There is also no need to hit them simultaneously. I hold down ALT, then go find PRTSCRN. No worries.

Ok, guys, no need even to hit control. In fact we even talked about this at work today....

Pressing the printscreen key takes a full screen shot and puts it on the clipboard.
Pressing Alt-printscreen just takes the active window.

Then you can open paint, word, or whatever program you want to use and paste it, the control key never comes into play.

Robogeek.