Light-O-Rama Forums

2 LOR160xW and 1 CTB16PC Issue

Biggunz240

Hi,
I have two LOR160xW controllers and one CTB16PC controller daisy chained in the following order: i have the two LOR controllers as Unit 1 and Unit 2. I have the CTB as Unit 3.

I have properly setup the CTB unit with the Computer. once all hooked up, i can run the Hardware Utility and detect all 3 Units and control all 3 Units from the computer as well. The problem lies when I go to play a song, Unit 3 (the CTB16PC Controller) does not respond.

The songs are all build correctly in the Sequence Editor. Even if i start a new song and just set some lights from Unit 3 to go off, they don't. But if i go to the Hardware Utility, i can open the console and control my light on Unit 3 (CTB).

Please Help Me!

Thanks!

Biggunz240 wrote:

Hi,
I have two LOR160xW controllers and one CTB16PC controller daisy chained in the following order: i have the two LOR controllers as Unit 1 and Unit 2. I have the CTB as Unit 3.

The problem lies when I go to play a song, Unit 3 (the CTB16PC Controller) does not respond.

The songs are all build correctly in the Sequence Editor. Even if i start a new song and just set some lights from Unit 3 to go off, they don't. But if i go to the Hardware Utility, i can open the console and control my light on Unit 3 (CTB).

The reason I suggested the "Verifier" is because your description of the problems seems like something may be amiss in your sequence, since the Harware Utility ruled out the potential of a controller problem.

The "Verifier" will analyze your show and report with "Warnings" and/or "Errors" of potential problems with your show.

A very valuable tool, and in my opinion should be used on any show build before going live.

Which version of the software do you have? With three controllers you will need at least the "Basic plus" version. If you only have the "Basic" version, it will only operate controllers 01 and 02.

Regards,

Alan.

Alan C wrote:

Which version of the software do you have? With three controllers you will need at least the "Basic plus" version. If you only have the "Basic" version, it will only operate controllers 01 and 02.

Regards,

Alan.

good catch!

• 2 weeks later...