Light-O-Rama Forums

LED string doesn't work plugged into another

ryebred

I have two brand new strings of white C6 LED's from CDI plugged into each other. The first string lights up but the second string that is plugged into the first does not light. If I disconnect the second string and plug it into a different string or directly into an outlet then it lights fine. This seems odd that the first string would light entirely but not the second. Do you think something is wrong with the female plug at the end of the first string? This happens with two different sets of white lights. All other 144 strings work fine. Unfortunately, I only have one spare string so I am hoping to somehow fix them rather than replace them. Can I cut off the female plug and solder on a new one?

The wires run all the way through from the male plug to the female plug. With the power off, you can use an ohm meter to find out which wire on the female end that is not working. Next you can poke an Exacto knife blade into the suspect wire to see if it's the wire or the female connector. Work backward to find where the continuity, is and isn't/