Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Stalker !!!!!

GaryBo

over the last 14 days of setup I’ve had lots of people stop by and ask, if I needed anything coffee, food, a hand, I have a family that’s been coming everyday asks questions and all that. Yesterday I get a card in the mail addressed to the Christmas guy at Christmas on manhattan? Strange the post office knew who I was! Already I have a wired feeling about this. I open the card and it’s a little boy who met me 3 years ago. He has been stopping here at least a few times a year. The letter touched my heart..Called me his hero! Called himself the #1 Christmas on manhattan fan! And reminded me of why we all do what we do. so.... I never ask people or tell people they can help. Unless there are friends of mine, that was the first mistake. I agree, if you feel odd now about things, simply say, at this point we are working with live wiring, and the two of you will once again need to become spectators. thank them for their help and kindly remind them that they are very welcome to come back anytime the show is running but they will need to just watch now and can no longer include themselves in the rest of the set up...........and if this does not work!!!!. Just get in the truck and run them over. That’s all I have to say........I had to throw in a pouch line....ok really, NEVER run anyone over. Just nip them at the hips, there will understand I’m sure.

On the other hand, you could just be Thank full and say, thanks but I don’t need any more help, there’s nothing eals for you and your son to do but have fun sitting in the car and watching the show! And end it there.

George Simmons wrote:

And why do I think Jim's son has a better chance of singing the Hallelujah Chorus with that sweet young lady than Jim does, regardless of whomever Jim thinks should get first dibs...

LOL...you crack me up George...thanks for giving me so many laughs these past few months!!!

jimswinder wrote:

LOL...you crack me up George...thanks for giving me so many laughs these past few months!!!

No Jim, thank YOU! I couldn't have done it without your help. You make it so easy sometimes...

Maybe we've got it all wrong. Maybe they're there to case the joint. Did you notice if they're writing down your inventory of lights? Has she asked you where you keep your show computer and would you consider sequencing any songs for her in the future, "Ya' know...if I was to ever get a controller....What model contoller do you have and is it secured?"

I suggest taking a picture of her and posting it on the forum. We'll group together their mug shots, errr, I mean, "our fan's pictures" for all here to see.

Now if she's just infatuated with you, that's safer I guess. You don't own any bunnies do you??

Ok second thought! And I’m surprised no eals has thought of this. Tell them to stand still while you stake them to the ground and guide wire them so they can’t move. Tie as many lights as it takes to cover them head to toe. Give them each four or 5 channels to make them flash a lot. And walk away. No one will ever know the difference, and you will be able to say you have the best animated frames in the world! lol. You could even keep one bulb out of its socket so if they get a little loud you can ZAP them in to submission! Now back to work!

lmao!

Ralph D wrote:

Ok second thought! And I’m surprised no eals has thought of this. Tell them to stand still while you stake them to the ground and guide wire them so they can’t move. Tie as many lights as it takes to cover them head to toe. Give them each four or 5 channels to make them flash a lot. And walk away. No one will ever know the difference, and you will be able to say you have the best animated frames in the world! lol. You could even keep one bulb out of its socket so if they get a little loud you can ZAP them in to submission! Now back to work!

lmao!

This would be great to do with my neighbor's kids! :P

They'd get a nice tickle if it rains too!

Just noticed this thread and wanted to post my experience two years ago, when I had my static life sized nativity scene up. It was about 8PM on a Sunday night and the door bell rang. Of course I was in my standard evening wear, sweat pants and no shirt. LOL By the time I got to the front door, I saw a middle aged couple getting in a car parked across the driveway. They heard me open the door and came back to the porch. They were dressed very nicely and asked if they could talk to me about my display. The woman pointed out to the nativity scene and said, "We just had to stop by and tell you about the miracle." I thought Oh Boy, I am a good Christian but kind of resent the door to door stuff. She continued and said, "Our grandson was saved by the baby Jesus in your nativity scene." Of course, I am thinking the generic "saved." I couldn't help it and asked you mean Jesus in general or that specific baby Jesus pointing to my nativity scene. She confirmed, "Your baby Jesus." I was dumbfounded. They went on and asked if they could return the next night with their grandson and pose with him next to the baby Jesus in the nativity scene. I cautioned then about the electrical wiring and planned on being out there when they arrived to guide the kid thru the display. I waited the next two nights but they never showed. Of course, my coworkers warned me that my yard and nativity scene would become some religious shrine.

Weeks passed with nothing happening. We left town on Christmas Day for a couple of days. Everything was on timers so the scene was lit while we were gone. When we came home, I noticed immediately upon driving up to the house that the baby Jesus was missing from the scene. I ran to the yard and found that persons unknown had completely dismantled the Jesus, by removing the nuts and bolts and clamps from the 3 foot piece of rebar driven into the ground. There wasn't so much as a dropped nut, bolt or washed to be found. The thieves came with their own tools!!

Of course I immediately thought of the old couple and grandson. Although totally creeped out by the whole incident I did have some consolation that whoever took it, did so with enough care as to protect it from damage. I guess I have some visual about my hand painted plywood baby Jesus in some church someplace being revered as some holy relic.

That was the end of the nativity scene. Next year I went to LOR, with nothing but lights.

Still wonder how and why it happened.

jim6918 wrote:

Just noticed this thread and wanted to post my experience two years ago, when I had my static life sized nativity scene up. It was about 8PM on a Sunday night and the door bell rang. Of course I was in my standard evening wear, sweat pants and no shirt. LOL By the time I got to the front door, I saw a middle aged couple getting in a car parked across the driveway. They heard me open the door and came back to the porch. They were dressed very nicely and asked if they could talk to me about my display. The woman pointed out to the nativity scene and said, "We just had to stop by and tell you about the miracle." I thought Oh Boy, I am a good Christian but kind of resent the door to door stuff. She continued and said, "Our grandson was saved by the baby Jesus in your nativity scene." Of course, I am thinking the generic "saved." I couldn't help it and asked you mean Jesus in general or that specific baby Jesus pointing to my nativity scene. She confirmed, "Your baby Jesus." I was dumbfounded. They went on and asked if they could return the next night with their grandson and pose with him next to the baby Jesus in the nativity scene. I cautioned then about the electrical wiring and planned on being out there when they arrived to guide the kid thru the display. I waited the next two nights but they never showed. Of course, my coworkers warned me that my yard and nativity scene would become some religious shrine.

Weeks passed with nothing happening. We left town on Christmas Day for a couple of days. Everything was on timers so the scene was lit while we were gone. When we came home, I noticed immediately upon driving up to the house that the baby Jesus was missing from the scene. I ran to the yard and found that persons unknown had completely dismantled the Jesus, by removing the nuts and bolts and clamps from the 3 foot piece of rebar driven into the ground. There wasn't so much as a dropped nut, bolt or washed to be found. The thieves came with their own tools!!

Of course I immediately thought of the old couple and grandson. Although totally creeped out by the whole incident I did have some consolation that whoever took it, did so with enough care as to protect it from damage. I guess I have some visual about my hand painted plywood baby Jesus in some church someplace being revered as some holy relic.

That was the end of the nativity scene. Next year I went to LOR, with nothing but lights.

Still wonder how and why it happened.

My guess it was somebody else. There was a big thing around here a few years ago that some teen vandals were stealing baby Jesuses. Each one of them were delicately removed. They must have worried about the potential ramifications of hurting baby Jesus--though somehow saw kidnapping as ok.

Same thing happened to us 3 yrs in a row.. yeah, we replaced him with a doll each time (guess thats why it was taken). 4th year we moved to all plywood cutouts and no problems after that.. must've been a cult thing as it was happening all over our subdivision.