Light-O-Rama Forums

Insert intro into an existing sequence

tomskillman

Hopefully what I want to do is possible. I would like to take a short narration and insert it at the beginning of a sequence which I already have. Basically I want to insert a short intro to each song. Because I have the show set up for requests, I can't depend on the order of the show, so I have to include the intro in the sequence. Can I do this without resequencing everything?

What you want to do is possible, but not especially easy. The first thing you need to do is lengthen the audio file to include your narration. This can be done with a program like Audacity. Then, when you're finished with the audio file you need to match it up with the sequence again. When you do, you'll see right away that your sequenced events aren't even close to aligning properly with the audio. You'll need to skew your track(s) in the Sequence Editor until they align again. If you use more than one track, you'll need to skew each individual track. Good luck.

So...what you're saying is the skew is the length of the audio I tack on the beginning of the original audio track then, correct? Sounds like if I know the exact length of the additional audio, everything should come out right.

You won't necessarily need to know the exact length of the additional audio before you marry up the edited audio with the original sequence. Once you do that, the difference in time (and how much you need to skew) will be readily apparent.

I'm learning here too, but I did something similar last week, I made a new sequence with the new extended audio, then I cut and pasted from the old into the new, then added what I wanted to for the new section of the audio.