Light-O-Rama Forums

Odd Ball light strings

shfr26

I have several hundred light strings that I bought last year at closeout. Socket 1, 50, 51, and 100 are slightly bigger than the rest. I can't even get the bigger sockets to fit into the LIght Keeper Pro! No matter how many times I try to fix a half dead set, it nevers works. IS there something I'm missing about these sets of lights that I can't get them fixed?? I've checked several of my other strings with all normal sockets and can get them fixed, but not these oddball socket ones. Any thoughts??

I have run into some of those sets also & have had no problem with them fitting in my Light Pro. Normally what I do, is in the section that is burned out I check the first & last bulb to see if they are good. Normally out of the two is burned out & by replacing the string works. If that does not work then I hook to light pro & shoot it like a gun 8-10 times. If that does not work then sit down with the burned out section & check each bulb. As last resort if all above does not work.

Trash them & buy a new string.

Mike

I have shot them several times and still nothing, I'm talking 30-40 times of shocking them. For what I paid, like 75 cents a string, I'll more than likely just toss them. These are the only ones the LKP does not work on for me. The larger sockets do not fit into the LKP

When I get a string like that I get my 8 year old daughter to help me closely look at it while I click the LKP. You'd be amazed at how young eyes pick up on any little spark. And the darker the room better... if you can get somewhere completely dark, those sparks will just jump out at you.

My bet is you have a bulb with a broken wire *in* the socket or a socket that has a folded metal tab.

Good luck.

[align=left]Step 2
Plug the defective light set into the LightKeeper Pro (Figure 3). Pull the trigger firmly and quickly 4 times, hearing an audible Click each time. This sends a charge or pulse through the light set and the bad bulbs, fixing the shunt.
Go To Step 3
[/align]

Attached files 221918=12281-LKP_QF_PC_Step2.png

I bought 2 last year and could not find either one so I bought one from Canadian tire when I was picking my net lights.

I tried the one way and could not get the socket to fit.

I saw those directions "AFTER" I put the new set.