Light-O-Rama Forums

How long is My SHOW?

rgardner518

I want me show to repeat its self once its done. How do I find out how long my show is? And if my show is 45 mins long but I choose it to repeat its self, will it stop the show 30 mins in and repeat its self? Without having to open all 30 + sequences and adding up all of them time, is there a faster way to tell the total time of a show? I though I remember someone once saying, there was no way to tell the total time!

God I hope the powers to be have fixed this!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I want me show to repeat its self once its done. How do I find out how long my show is? And if my show is 45 mins long but I choose it to repeat its self, will it stop the show 30 mins in and repeat its self? Without having to open all 30 + sequences and adding up all of them time, is there a faster way to tell the total time of a show? I though I remember someone once saying, there was no way to tell the total time!

God I hope the powers to be have fixed this!

From what I recall, the sequences will run as long as the show is scheduled. It will not cut off a song midway through. If you want to repeat it, I've found the easy way(cheating) is to use the simple show builder. I build my sequences, put an always on in there as a break, and then just repeat.

When you put all your songs in the show editor. Then you schedule the show for the block of time you want the show to run.

example you put song 1, song 2, song3, song 4 into a show (show A). for instance the total time of these 4 songs HAPPENS to be 10 minutes, not like it really matters.

Show A is put in the schedule editor to run from 6:00 pm till 10:00 pm. When the show kicks off at 6 pm it will play song 1, song 2, song 3, song 4, song 1, song 2, song 3, song4 etc untill the time reaches 10pm. If a song is in the middle when 10 pm comes up, the system will continue to play that song then shutdown till the next schedule time.

This is the very way I run my show...no need to worry about timing. Unless you plan to do things like fill in with zara radio playing music in between shows.

Chuck