Light-O-Rama Forums

Verifier

testraub

Okay Ran the verifier and have 96 warnings. Most are "channel is completely OFF" and 2 are "Chnnel is missing settings" I know I have un-used channels, but the other is a ???. Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom Straub

hi Tom, not 100% sure since this is my first year too, but if you scroll to the right on the verifier it should give you more info as to what channels are not configured, it may just be a beat track, the other thing to verify would be open the show editor, and click on every channel on the left one at a time and make sure that they have network unit and circuit filled out.

they should both be an 'orange' color warning... you are correct on the 'channel off' it is a channel that is not being used in that sequence at all. jim your are right on the other warning of 'channel missing settings' that is a channel that has no assignments, i.e. for actually running lights. like jim said scroll over and find which channels in which seq. are the cause and you have to go one by one and either delete if you dont need them in that song or fix the problem. i would bet that it will be the same channels in most songs. i have channels for beats (several for different tracks) and a few channels that are only used in one song, so i will delete all those not used, and then the verifier comes up clean.

chip

Yes, "Channel is missing settings" means that (for example) a channel's unit ID or circuit ID is not set, and the "Details" columns will tell you the sequence, track, and channel with the issue. However, I just wanted to add to this thread:

If you right click on a Verifier message, a popup menu will open. One of the items on it will be "Help on this result". If you click on that, it will open up a help file page that is specific to that particular Verifier message.

papap wrote:

I just check mine. I have 4 with the channel off. how do I turn them on?

Do you mean that it's telling you "Channel is completely off"?

If so, that means that the channel is just one big "off" event - it has no fades, no shimmers, no twinkles, nothing, besides an "off".

This might not be a problem - you might just want to have that channel not doing anything during that sequence. However, there are situations where it might be a problem (for example, you actually do want that channel doing something, but forgot to put stuff into it).

So, since it may or may not be a problem, the Verifier gives you a "Warning" message about it. If something is definitely a problem, it will instead give you an "Error".

Ok this might be crazy, but what is the proper procedure to use the verifier. Do I run the show and open verifier at the same time? I attempted the verifier last night and it kept giving me 320 warnings. They all seemed to be channel is completely off. I got zero errors. My show seems to be working right when I test it. Sorry if that is crazy I just want everything to be ok Thursday night. Thanks in advance.

You don't have to have the show running, but I don't think that would affect your results.

"Warnings", as opposed to "errors", are not necessarily things that are going to cause a problem; they're things that may cause a problem. So, I would suggest looking into the warnings, and determining exactly what they mean (right click on one of them and select "Help on this result" from the popup menu). There's a very good chance that it won't actually be a problem in your particular setup.

After you're comfortable with a particular warning not really being a problem, you can "hide this result" or "hide all results with this message number". Then, whenever you run the Verifier in the future, it won't show those particular messages to you.

I should have additionally said what you do need:

You need to have scheduled any shows that you want checked. They do not have to be scheduled for the current time.

You need to have added any sequences that you want checked into such shows. That is, if you want a sequence checked, it has to be in a show, and that show has to be scheduled.

It would behoove you to set up the shows as you "really" are going to use them - e.g. these sequences in the "Musical" section, these in the "Background" section, these in the "Startup" section, et cetera, because some of the potential problems that the Verifier checks for involve interactions between sequences which depend upon what section they are in, and what other sequences are also in the show, and what sections those others are in.

Thank you Bob. I read in the post above mine about right click and am going to check that when I get home. I appreciate the info and am running a full length show test tonight and hope all goes well. Happy Holidays.