Light-O-Rama Forums

please park on opposite side

Guest Don Gillespie

cenote wrote:

by the way, my 2001 Chevy truck, there is no way to turn off the head lights while truck is running, just say'n

My 98 was like that till I removed the fuse for the Daytime Running Lights :)

Guest Don Gillespie

cenote wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote
last year a limo pulled up a drunk girl proceeded to come into my yard a pretend to ride the deer

What, no video?

I was shocked no time to even think about video but now I am laughing as that would have been quite the site

Don Gillespie wrote:

friskybri wrote:
take a baseball bat to them. lol Problem fixed. Or bring a role of duck tape.

what kind of a bat are you thinking of using metal or wood

LOR is in the big league of Christmas Lights. In the big league they don't use metal bats! :)

cenote wrote:

HowardShank wrote:
chris mashburn wrote:
My truck has the auto headlights and there's no way to turn them off. We are not being jerks, there's nothing we can do about.

My Yukon has automatic headlights. You just turn the headlight switch and it will turn them off. turn it again to auto and back on they come.

by the way, my 2001 Chevy truck, there is no way to turn off the head lights while truck is running, just say'n

Both our Pontiacs are like that. You have to start the car with the e-brake engaged to prevent the lights from coming on. You could always just turn the car off, but a lot of people probably don't know how to get the radio to work without the engine running :)

cenote wrote:

HowardShank wrote:
chris mashburn wrote:
My truck has the auto headlights and there's no way to turn them off. We are not being jerks, there's nothing we can do about.

My Yukon has automatic headlights. You just turn the headlight switch and it will turn them off. turn it again to auto and back on they come.

cenote:

I have a 2000 Jimmy. Not sure if the trucks are the same way...but there is a button under the headlight switch which disables the dome light. If you press it in and out 2 times, the vehicle chimes and the headlights go off.....do the same again and they come back on. You might try that.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

So many people today have cars with automatic headlights. I think many of them don't even know how to shut off the lights or that they can. I figured it out by accident with our car. So I can't blame everyone for that.

Mine are automatic, I don't think I can disable them (short of pulling out wires).

rwertz wrote:

cenote wrote:
HowardShank wrote:
chris mashburn wrote:

Both our Pontiacs are like that. You have to start the car with the e-brake engaged to prevent the lights from coming on. You could always just turn the car off, but a lot of people probably don't know how to get the radio to work without the engine running ;)

In Alberta you need to keep the car running for heat! it can get close to -30 C (-22 F) at night.

PaulXmas wrote:

In Alberta you need to keep the car running for heat! it can get close to -30 C (-22 F) at night.

Well nothing should happen to a vehicle turned off for a brief show...

That plus the fact that folks won't stay that long then either, so traffic will keep flowing! :):D

Greg

chris mashburn wrote:

Many nights last year I would do "traffic patrol" and I would tell the offending folks with that problem to shut off their car engines...of course, most don't want to when it is below freezing outside...

That plus the fact that folks won't stay that long then either, so traffic will keep flowing! :):D

Maybe it was just a novelty in the Seattle area..but most of my viewers stayed well over the 30 minutes of each show...

tomskillman wrote:

cenote wrote:
HowardShank wrote:
chris mashburn wrote:

cenote:

I have a 2000 Jimmy. Not sure if the trucks are the same way...but there is a button under the headlight switch which disables the dome light. If you press it in and out 2 times, the vehicle chimes and the headlights go off.....do the same again and they come back on. You might try that.

Just for giggles, I tried it, no luck, but maybe the button is broken.