Light-O-Rama Forums

SPT Wire Needed

captainron19

I had incredibly fast service from CDI...and now they are doing Saturday shipping from their location. I had a Monday order delivered in FL before Friday with standard shipping.

They were not the absolute cheapest, but when i mashed it all together on a spreadsheet, they were the best choice.

DonFL wrote:

I had incredibly fast service from CDI...and now they are doing Saturday shipping from their location. I had a Monday order delivered in FL before Friday with standard shipping.

They were not the absolute cheapest, but when i mashed it all together on a spreadsheet, they were the best choice.

Whats their website?

captainron19 wrote:

DonFL wrote:

Whats their website?

http://www.creativedisplays.com

Also a discount with a 10% discount code...you may need to search to verify, but I think it is CDIfan...someone, I'm sure, will chip in with it.

captainron19 wrote:

OK forgot to put it on my shopping list... any recommendations on ordering online who will ship it to me the fastest?

Got a fair deal with Holiday lights,

http://search.store.yahoo.net/yhst-45410585021420/cgi-bin/nsearch?query=SPT-1&searchsubmit.x=0&searchsubmit.y=0&vwcatalog=yhst-45410585021420&.autodone=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.holidaylights.com%2Findex.html

Not to knock any vender that is mentioned here.

But, you need to take shipping into consideration.....

I have found that even with the higher initial price at HD or Lowe's, after shipping from the other venders, it's cheeper to shop at HD or Lowe's still.

crackchecker wrote:

Not to knock any vender that is mentioned here.

But, you need to take shipping into consideration.....

I have found that even with the higher initial price at HD or Lowe's, after shipping from the other venders, it's cheeper to shop at HD or Lowe's still.

Maybe for people in the US

I ordered 1000' plus 120 vampire plugs for less that I could buy the zip cord for here in Canada!

My shipping for 2000 feet of SPT-3, plus a few bagfuls of plugs and sockets, shipping KS to FL, was 64 bucks.

Again, you have to look at what your specific need was, but that was not what I would consider outlandish considering the weight.

Thanks for the comments I ended up ordering from CDI and it was shipped within an hour of me processing the order. 1,000 feet with plug ends 3 day UPS ended up being $21 shipping so not too bad in my opinion.

Especially since the normal person I usually order from took 2 months of emailing before my vampire plugs got sent out and about 20 emails and 5 phones calls unanswered and not returned. Until I threatened to call credit card company to file a dispute then of course my email was returned in less than 5 minutes and I had a UPS tracking order emailed to me right away

Looks like I found a new distributor to do business with. CDI

DonFL wrote:

captainron19 wrote:
DonFL wrote:

Whats their website?

Also a discount with a 10% discount code...you may need to search to verify, but I think it is CDIfan...someone, I'm sure, will chip in with it.

It is CDIFAN10 for the 10% discount, But try LOR2010 also I think that one was 20% off.

I have to say I wasnt wild about the wire I got from Skycraft - it worked, but the jacket is verry soft rubber.

This is purely my opponion, but since I have used "both" I can say I really like the standard (PVC I believe) jacket better. Easier to stripp, easier to slide pluggs onto.

I know skycraft has not always had this type of wire. All the other wire I have bought has had the stiffer jacket.

jldavis1969 wrote:

DonFL wrote:
captainron19 wrote:
DonFL wrote:

Whats their website?

It is CDIFAN10 for the 10% discount, But try LOR2010 also I think that one was 20% off.

CRAP. Missed the 20% code. Crap, crap, crap...:(

gizmomkr wrote:

I have to say I wasnt wild about the wire I got from Skycraft - it worked, but the jacket is verry soft rubber.

This is purely my opponion, but since I have used "both" I can say I really like the standard (PVC I believe) jacket better. Easier to stripp, easier to slide pluggs onto.

I know skycraft has not always had this type of wire. All the other wire I have bought has had the stiffer jacket.

I like Skycraft (what techie geek wouldn't love a store with a rocket ship on the roof?..), but they are a surplus store..so you get what they get...even with them being a short drive away, it's still a different mindset buying from them as opposed to a CDI or similar.

jldavis1969 wrote:

DonFL wrote:
captainron19 wrote:
DonFL wrote:

Whats their website?

Had to do a last minute order for a few extra piece parts..the only one that worked, even after some time googling, was CDIFAN10...

• 1 month later...

I'm a newbie and have been to CDI's website 50 times but not until this thread did I realize they are in KS (10 minutes from me)!! Anyway, anyone know of any valid codes?

of course - now its shipping vs. tax