Light-O-Rama Forums

bekerr82030

Hello,

This is my first year and I went crazy with lights and controllers. I have 3 controllers that I built I own a computer store and really good with computers I have decorated the building that I own and have close to 20,000 lights up and wired into the building. The only problem is this. I cant get the seq thing down dont know how to use the radio to input voice overs inbetween seq's and really lost how to program shows to play under show editor please help have all the songs bought that I want to use just cant get seq pulling my hair out:dude:

Have you opened the shows in the sequence editor and "played" them ?

are the channel assignments where you want them to be ?

Using purchased sequences, you probably want to check the channel list to make sure oyu have "things" connected in a pattern that aligns with the sequence. ( you dont HAVE to as long as the sequence was written for the same number of channels that you have) if the sequence was written for less chanels, then some of your lights wont turn on unless you assign things in the channel list.

If the shows play how you like in the sequence editor,I recomend the simple show builder to get things setup. It has a wizzard, run it. It will ask for the files and let you setup a basic show.

I can change seq channels assign controllers just cannot get the programing of the seq and don't under stand copy and paste. I downloaded a few seq from the web but how to get the show to run the seq I want to run the show 4 days starting at 7:00 til 11:00 every 15 min with voice in between the songs also have been reading about playing music before your show starts

bkerr82030Do you really need to do voice over ? how about simply recording using your computer microphone then making a simple sequence to it?

But if you really want to do a voice over the music try using Audacity. it is a free ware program that allows you to do simple mix of audio and microphone.

the deal is you will have to remove the music from the sequence and then add the mixed audio media file back into the sequence. it would be smart to save as a different sequence file

As for getting the sequencing thing down this comes with just spending time playing with the sequence editor it can take alot of time just for 3 minute song trust me it is not something that is done instantly. try using the VU and beat wizards they give a good base time lines.

I use the simple show builder for putting the shows together

keep looking in these forums as well some of these guys are real gurus of the trade

In the words of Douglas Adams.. Don't panic!

1) Dont forget there are several websites with free/shared sequences.. www.lorsequences.com is my fav.. check the S1, S2 and New Submissions folders.. there are quite a few (you said 3 controllers?) 48-64 channels sequences you should be able to adapt this late in the season, or even just use outright.. you'll be able to see how they work and give you an idea how to make your own during 2011.

Another shared site is www.christmasutah.com/lor.html

Again, dont panic..

2) After you have a couple sequences, either the way you like, or just plain downloaded.. Click on Simple Show Builder icon, select the controller you have, load the sequences you have.. (be sure to click Show ALL, down at the bottom) Set the time and how often you want the show to run.. now, READ the very last screen, says you have to "Enable Show" in the Control Panel. You have to click Control Panel icon to get the Schedule Loader to initialize.. that will be a red light bulb in the Sys Tray.. right-click it, then click "Enable Show".. the light bulb will change to blue.

3) While the Scheduler is enabled, you will NOT be able to check your lights using the Sequence Editor.. the program will run but your lights will not blink! So if you want to see any changes you made to something, right-click that blue light bulb in Sys Tray, select Unload, then your lights will work.

To enable the Scheduler again, right-click, select Enable Show.. I dont remember if you'll have to re-load the sequences again.. you may have to do step 2 again..

Whatever you do, DON'T PANIC!! :)

Thank you so much. I figured I can do this but its kind of gotten out of control. Since its in the heart of our downtown people kept asking me what i was doing. Used my buddies bucket truck and even made th front page of our paper. Designed the show when I was hanging the lights and I know exactly what I want the lights to do, I have the songs just cannot get the seq thing down. I have 11 windows with 3 different colors on each. Ive tried to make them like the mini trees that i see on you tube how they change colors when they go left to right. Thats what I have tried to do but cannot get it

The Great town of East Liverpool Ohio. No one around here has heard of light o rama or even light show. The closest was a guy from Irondale but I tried to contact him and I was told he lost his home and job so he sold everything. The zip code is 43920 and located 45 minutes from pittsburgh pa

bkerr82030 wrote:

Hello,

This is my first year and I went crazy with lights and controllers. I have 3 controllers that I built I own a computer store and really good with computers I have decorated the building that I own and have close to 20,000 lights up and wired into the building. The only problem is this. I cant get the seq thing down dont know how to use the radio to input voice overs inbetween seq's and really lost how to program shows to play under show editor please help have all the songs bought that I want to use just cant get seq pulling my hair out:dude:

Send me an email.I may be able to help you out.

Thanks Dan, i was trying to figure out how I could squeeze it it, but im just too tight this week.

by the way, if you have not tried it yet, check out http://goto.me it is flash based and allows desktop sharing, no downloads, its a beta from log me in.