Light-O-Rama Forums

I learned something new and thought I would share

monkey141

Good Evening All,

I just learned something new (by total accident) and thought I would share. Maybe everyone already knows or maybe not.

When using the color fade tool (I have been using this a lot due to the new rgb lights for this year) I was never able to fill in just one cell with say a solid color, I always have to fill multiple cells. Then I would erase the ones I didn't need. Anyway, I figured out that if you want to color one cell, left click and hold then move your mouse a little bit as if you were going to drag it over a large selection and then release and it will fill just the one cell.

Hopefully someone finds it useful. Anyway, back to sequencing.

Thanks,

Mike

Just to be clear, the reason for this is that the Color Fade tool does different things depending on whether you click, click-drag to the left, or click-drag to the right.

Click-drag will use the colors that you have selected in the tools' configuration screen; click-dragging to the right will use them as they are, while click-dragging to the left will use them backwards (e.g. "blue to green" instead of "green to blue").

Clicking without dragging, meanwhile, behaves like the Fill tool - assuming it is done on a "blank" part of an RGB channel, it makes that blank part into a smooth color fade from whatever color precedes the blank part to whatever color follows the blank part.

Thanks for the reply, I just learned something else! I just went and played in the sequence editor and that is really cool, I did not realize all of this. I thought you had to click and drag to fill anything. :-)

Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining, I just wanted to pass along the info, I think the software is great!

Thanks again,

Mike