Light-O-Rama Forums

Light O Rama has gone WAY too far........

Guest guest

....And I mean this in a GREAT way !!!!

This company has gone far beyond the customer support that I/ We are accustomed to... and here's why!.

This is a little long but I want to give you the details as best I can.

Last week, Sunday, October 1st., I was getting ready for my Halloween display and I was putting up lights and running extension cords.... yada yada......anyway, my daughter asked me if I would do the display for their class Halloween party that they were having on Friday, October 6th. and I said SURE !!! The class is going to Muskoka the week of Halloween and they wouldn't be able to have a party then, so they planned it for Friday, October 6th.

I contacted one of the maintenance people at the school that I know really well ( I called him at home:D on Sunday) and told him what my daughter wanted and told him what I would need in lines of an electrical setup. Well, to my luck, they were doing some work like that anyway and he ran me 2 - 20amp 120v lines to run the display.. OK, all would be set there at the school for me.

Now for the fun part...... I began putting the sequences together on Monday and Tuesday night after work and even had a few people from Planet Christmas share a couple of sequences with me ( Thankyou PC members who asked to remain anonymous...)

So, now all is set up and ready to do the dry run......its dark, LOR plugged in, shows scheduled........ Computer shows that the sequences are running........AAAAAAUGH !!!! NO LIGHTS !!!! Nothing... Nada.....

I posted my problems on Planet Christmas and sure enough... there's Dan from Light O Rama........

I explained the situation to Dan about what was happening and what was NOT happening with the controller... maybe it was the processor chip?? OK, said Dan, I'll send you another chip.... Great.

Next Day is Wednesday, and I called Dan on the phone and explained the problem to him a little more in depth.... Dan says.. OK, we'll just send you another controller !

GREAT, but... OH NO !!! I have the show to put on at the school on FRIDAY, and it's now Wednesday around 5 PM !!!

Dan said... "let me call you back"

Here's what Light O Rama did for me...........!

Dan had their office call me at home about 45 minutes later and told me that they would send me NEW CONTROLLER and it would be there TOMORROW !

Would you believe that Light O Rama, had the NEW controller sent to me by OVERNIGHT AIR to my inlaws house in Michigan and believe it or not, that darn thing was there at 8 AM THURSDAY MORNING !!!!!

I asked them what I should do about the old controller, and they said, " we will deal with that later......not to worry !" ( Dan, I'll be sending it out Tuesday because Monday is a holiday over here.)

I went over and picked it up, changed the controllers, ran the shows and BINGO!!!!

EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT!!!!! Did the dry run on my house display and all ready to go.

I brought everything to the school Friday at Noon, a few of the kids helped me string the lights up while I hooked up the computer and the extension cords and at 1:30 PM I ran the most fantastic light show that the kids have ever seen ( That's because they've never seen Light O Rama before:])

Dan Baldwin and LIGHT O RAMA " SAVED THE DAY"

Dan, I owe you and your company a debt of gratitude for doing what you did for me and my daughter's class. You went above and beyond to have that new controller in my hands by the next day. I can't tell you how much that meant to us. My daughter was just beaming with delight as all the kids asked her questions after the light show and they can't wait to see our display at our house for Halloween and Christmas.

Again, thankyou so much for your great customer support and thanks to the many PC members who answered my questions and shared sequences.

Ken Gelinas

ShiningBright91 wrote:

Wow, Ken, that's great to hear! I've heard so much nice things about Dan and LOR that I just can't wait for these few weeks to past so I can get mine!

Believe me, you won't be dissapointed. And there is a wealth of support right here on this Planet Christmas website. Keep us in touch with your progress.

Ken Gelinas.

Ken Gelinas wrote:

ShiningBright91 wrote:
Wow, Ken, that's great to hear! I've heard so much nice things about Dan and LOR that I just can't wait for these few weeks to past so I can get mine!

Believe me, you won't be dissapointed. And there is a wealth of support right here on this Planet Christmas website. Keep us in touch with your progress.

Ken Gelinas.

Thanks, Ken. You all will be the first to know! :(

Great story Ken. I always say that a great product with great customer support is always best, regardless of price. Cheaper products or less support is the easy way out, except when there's a problem. Hats off to Dan and gang!!!!

Great story Ken and way to go Dan!!!!!!

I did a lot of reading on this board before deciding which product to go with.
Rave reviews of Dan and staff as well as the almost instant support that I saw Dan providing on this board. These were the major reasons that I decided to put my trust in Dan and LOR for my display.

Tim

That's a great story! Like I've always said, "Dan is the man!" That tells you something about LOR as well. They not only know how to keep customers, but keep them coming back for more.

What great customer service, people, product... The whole "9"!

Funny many of you think this is something special. For Dan it is not. It is the way he does business and the way all businesses should be ran. What makes it special is Dan does it and they do not.

Great job as always Dan.

Oh and for everyone's information. Last year Dan called me several times when I had a problem and when something went bad we were able to figure it out and work a fix that got me through the season. Just another example of the character of this man and his family.

I just hope all of mine work as I have not had a chance to check them yet.

Robin wrote:

Funny many of you think this is something special.

Robin, actually, it's not funny and I really think it IS special. I know what you mean, though...... Many of the people here on PC have dealt with Dan on some occasion and everyone has been accustomed to his way of business. To me, Dan wears this business on his heart. He treats people as he would like to be treated. Many businesses want to make a sale and be done with you. Dan makes a sale and treats you like a friend. It's hard to find good people like Dan. And you know what....? sometime in the near future, there will be another happy LOR purchaser expressing his thanks for Dan's great support ! Ya can't ask for much more than that !

Ken Gelinas

Lighten up Ken!

Read what I said.

Dan, does businesess the way it SHOULD BE DONE. That is why people react the way you did. You are not used to that type of service and neither is this country any long or yours for that matter.

You see use to be if you were sick the local drug store owner would come in on a Sunday to help you if you gave him a call at HOME. Your doctor would stay late to see you even without an appointment. When you bought tires your local tire store would store your winter ones for you for free in the spring and your summer ones for free in the fall.

My point is that Dan is doing business the way it was done 30-40 years ago. Hands on, treating the customer as his friend and making sure he is happy. There is nothing special about that. It is just plain and simple the way all business should be run. What is special is Dan the person.

Robin wrote:

Lighten up Ken!

Read what I said.

Dan, does businesess the way it SHOULD BE DONE. That is why people react the way you did. You are not used to that type of service and neither is this country any long or yours for that matter.

You see use to be if you were sick the local drug store owner would come in on a Sunday to help you if you gave him a call at HOME. Your doctor would stay late to see you even without an appointment. When you bought tires your local tire store would store your winter ones for you for free in the spring and your summer ones for free in the fall.

My point is that Dan is doing business the way it was done 30-40 years ago. Hands on, treating the customer as his friend and making sure he is happy. There is nothing special about that. It is just plain and simple the way all business should be run. What is special is Dan the person.

Robin, I Totally agree with you. I meant no disrespect to you or what you were saying. I should have chosen my meaning of your response in a different way.

Either way, we both agree that their service is top notch.

Again, my apologies

Ken Gelinas