Light-O-Rama Forums

Jack-o-Lantern Arch!

disney-fan-reborn

Here are a couple videos of the Jack-o-Lantern arch I built this year for Halloween. It stands 9' tall and 10' wide and has 62 artificial Jack-o-Lanterns on it, each with a different face, and every one I carved! The arch has 15 channels (#16 controlls the Halloween Tree next to the arch).

I seqenced 2 songs, "This is Halloween" and "Oogie Boogie's Song", and a filler sequence with thunder and lightning. The sequences AREN'T your typical seqencing where the Jack-o-Lanterns "sing" to the words of the music. Rather, they are choreographed to the song, which gives a MUCH better show. This was my first time EVER doing a light show!

I used one CTB16PC and one CMB16D for the whole display. The CMB16D controlled 2 Mighty Mini floods which provide background color and enhance the songs. The Jacks are lit with a single yellow C9 bulb each, and I had 4-6 lights per channel on the arch. The Halloween tree had 1,450 orange minis. Everyone LOVED it! Now they all want to know what I'm doing for Christmas! Check it out!...

("This is Halloween")

("Oogie Boogie's Song")

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44517525@N08/5183180331/sizes/l/in/photostream/ Here's a photo

That arch is damn awesome...GOOD JOB!!!!

And you hand carved each one?? Bet that took some time. Where did you get the large one in the middle...cant find anything that big? Foam pumpkins right?

Cracker wrote:

That arch is damn awesome...GOOD JOB!!!!

And you hand carved each one?? Bet that took some time. Where did you get the large one in the middle...cant find anything that big? Foam pumpkins right?

If you're lucky, you can still find a few large Funkins at Hobby Lobby. They are currently on sale for 90% off!!!

The kids weren't scared at all coming to the door. In fact the smaller kids danced on the porch to the music. They all loved it!

As for storing it; the whole thing comes apart in three pieces....the top, and two legs. I have the top section hanging in my garage, and the two legs are standing in corners in my train room! I made it so it's almost "plug and play"!