Light-O-Rama Forums

New to LOR

MERLIN

I've searched all over forms for sequences and downloaded a few, but I can't open any these files with my sequence editor v2.8.10, an error message always pops up "cannot find media file". The only sequence that works is the 32 channel that I bought. Can anyone help?

MERLIN wrote:

I've searched all over forms for sequences and downloaded a few, but I can't open any these files with my sequence editor v2.8.10, an error message always pops up "cannot find media file". The only sequence that works is the 32 channel that I bought. Can anyone help?

You need to tell the sequence where the media (MUSIC) file for that sequence is located.

Most of the time, you have to already own the music since most sequences that you download do not include the music with them

MERLIN wrote:

I downloaded it and saved it, then tried to open it with no sucess.

It's not clear to me whether you tried shfr26's suggestion or not, so I just want to be more explicit about it. If you have not done so already, please try the following:

Open the sequence.

Click on the "Edit" menu.

Click on its "Media File" entry.

A file browsing dialog will open up; use it to select the media file (such as the MP3) that should be associated with the sequence.

After that is done, save the sequence.