Light-O-Rama Forums

Backgorund of grid same color as white with Windows 7?

Jacksback72

I just purchased a new laptop since mine crashed and unfortunately it came with Windows 7 and I'm not familiar with it.

Here is my issue - when I open sequences, the grid is the same color as all of my white channels, when I play the sequence I can't see any of the white channels. I opened up S2 under my family desktop and the background of the channel grid is a little blue but you can definitely see the white channels (XP Home version).

Has anyone seen this, please let me know how I could fix.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, I'm runiung 7 on my laptop and I'm tryig to duplicate your background color.. try this..

anywhere on your desktop, right-click, chose Personalize, second icon along the bottom, click Windows Color, then Advanced Appearance Settings..

Click Item bar and go thru each of the _____ Background menu items and see which one is white, and change it to a gray, or blue, or whatever color you want for the background.. Do just one at a time, make the changes then go back into the Sequence Editor and see if the background color changed.. it's one of those _____Background items that should control what the App background color is..

Remember, make a a change, then check it, if it didnt change, go back and unchange what you did..

Rather then fooling with the global settings on the computer that could mess up how other programs and applications are presented, I just use a slighty darker shade of white for the white channels.

Really much easier to do in the LOR sequence editor. Sometimes I'll use a light yellow also to represent the white lights, since I don't use yellow in my display

JBullard wrote:

Rather then fooling with the global settings on the computer that could mess up how other programs and applications are presented, I just use a slighty darker shade of white for the white channels.

Really much easier to do in the LOR sequence editor.    Sometimes I'll use a light yellow also to represent the white lights, since I don't use yellow in my display

JBullard - I thought of that but I don't think I should have to do that - we should be able to change the background color some way. I understand it may be the only way and if it is - ridiculous - WIndows7 sucks - I wish I had XP again

Thanks for your input!

I understand Bill,

But for many people, it's crunch time.

I just suggested an easy and quick way to be able to see the sequence commands. It really shouldn't matter, if you use pink, orange or any other unused color in the sequence to represent white.

I know - frustration is setting in because a Windows system is dictating and its very frustrating. I have been using LIghtorama for 6 years with almost zero problems until I have to change computers. I'm calling Lightorama today to see if they have any suggestions before I change all of my white settings.

Thanks for your help

My problem is fixed - I called Lightorama and he gave me a suggestion and here is how I fixed it:

I clicked edit, Preferences and went to display preferences - once there I clicked on Advanced OpenGl Settings. I changed the pixel format and started at the top of the list and on format #3 it changed my grid background to a darker color so I can see the white channels.

Thanks to Lightorama for the help!