Light-O-Rama Forums

noob question... How do I save my animation for future songs?

ace_master

Hey, I'm in the process of drawing my lights on my house with the animation tool... how do I save this animation for use with all my future songs?

And once saved; How do I import my drawing, channel colors, and location settings when I start a new track so I don't have to draw them all over again?

Thanks!

The animation is saved along with the channel configuration. To save it go to edit - export/import channel configuration - export.

To import it into a new sequence edit - export/import - import. This will load your animation and channel configuration.

Remember every time you make a change to your animation or your channel configuration you have to export it again, and if you want to use it in all your sequences you must import it to all of them and save the sequence files again.

Changing the animation and exporting it, even if you use the same file name will NOT automatically change your other sequences.

Hope that helps

Bruce

Very helpful information Bruce!. I wasn't aware that exporting your channel info also exported your animation image/settings... thank you! :)

Well, if it didn't, there would be a lot of complaining! Redrawing the animation from scratch is a nightmare scenario once you go over 64 channels. For 64 or less, it is just a very bad dream. :)