Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Light Show Finder Android App Released

lboucher

Hi All

This post is to announce the release of the Christmas Light Show Finder Android App.

This app will allow a user to find and obtain turn by turn directions to nearby Christmas (or Halloween) Light shows.

It will present the user with a list of nearby shows (sorted by distance) and then present the user with a preview image of your show. (Hummm wouldn't video be nice!)

This app is absolutely free across the board and there is absolutely no dependency on Light Control software, so anyone using any software can add thier show to this app.

For more information see this page.

To add your show to this app follow the instructions on this page.

To get this app, search the marketplace for the "Christmas Light Show Finder" App or scan the attached QR code.

Enjoy.

Attached files 219836=12196-Show_Finder_Medium_QR.png

Finally something for the Droid that the I-Phone doesn't have. I am so tired of everything be geared toward the I-Phone or I-Pod.

Thank you.

Sure thing, send in a pic and your show will be included.

Also, there is another App I made, also for the android and not Iphone.

Its an app that allows anyone to control your lights via the android. Basicly displays a pic of your display, and wherever they touch the screen the corresponding lights come on. I didn't bother posting it over here as it requires Vixen 2.5

Here is the thread, with video. (Need to take new video once my show is up.)

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12794

The demo of the app on your site is pretty cool! I was amazed at the response time between the phone and the pc. I would have expected some lag. What's next cloud based Christmas?

Yep, announced it on every forum I could think off.

Slow start getting people to send in, but I have a feeling in two weeks I am really going to wish I had an automated process to add people.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lboucher wrote:

Yep, announced it on every forum I could think off.

Slow start getting people to send in, but I have a feeling in two weeks I am really going to wish I had an automated process to add people.

That's actually easier than you might think. Once you have the address, it's easy to automatically get the long/lat and everything else you need.

• 10 months later...

Does your app only aworks for the United States or is it Worldwide because my display is in France.

I've seen there's one in Austalia so why not in France... I send you a pic. :-)))

• The topic was locked