Light-O-Rama Forums

How to use presets?

Robert Burton

I guess the more you use this software, the more you find tricks to help you out. Sure wish there was a tutorial for the 2.8.12 version. Lots of new stuff in it that I have no idea...and really time to figure out how to use them. I found something this morning that would be nice to use, but can't find how to use it. That is the presets in the Fade Tool. I thought it was just by using the fade tool while holding the number down...but that doesn't work. How do you do this??
Thanks,
Robert

To access the presets in the fade tool press the last button to the right on your "tools" toolbar - that's the button with the up arrow and the question mark. When the options box opens you can select which preset you want to use or you can press the EDIT button to create your own upper and lower values. You can also access the Fade Tool options by going to TOOLS > FADE TOOL SETTINGS or FADE TOOL OPTIONS.

Ok. I see then what that is for. I thought there was a type of "Hotkey" function that could be used with the fade up or fade down function. In other words, if it were in the preset number 2, hold the 2 down while doing the fade. Then it would use the %'s in those fields.

Guess not???

The hot-key functions for fades (U for fade up and D for fade down) will give you the fade beginning and ending percentages that you have selected via the fade tool. I do not know of any other way of changing the percentages other than using the fade tool settings/options.

If you wanted to do a mixture within a short span of 0% to 50%, then 0% to 25% then 0% to 75%, etc. You would have to switch back and forth back and forth.

I know other programmers have been able to preset hot keys into a single # key. (In other programs I use) Something to think about for the future ;-)

Either that or do a bunch of cutting/pasting, which would probably be quicker. I agree with you about making it easier to change percentages on the fly, and the idea of having assignable hot keys. Please join the crusade and send your ideas/suggestions - especially about the assignable hot keys - to: wishlist@lightorama.com.