Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights Not Working

StephenJTaylor7

So I have an interesting problem I need help solving.

I have a strand of incandescent candy cane lights I recently bought. While I was testing them out with the controller, they worked fine after one song. On the next song they completely stopped working. So I brought them inside, messed with the fuses inside the lights, and they worked again (I did not replace the fuse). So After I plugged them back into the controller (Via SPT2 Wire and vampire plugs) I ran the song once more. The strand worked through the entire song, then once I played the next song, they stopped working again.

Ive done this maybe three times and the same thing keeps happening. Any suggestions on a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

Is it the same song every time? Have you double checked your channel assignments in that sequence?

Have you run the LOR verifier to check for other issues?

So I just ran a few tests and I found that it was the brand of candy cane lights. So Now I'm off to Home Depot to get more. : )

I was just going to suggest it may be defective lights, something that can't handle successive ons/offs/dimmings - OK for normal people but not Christmas Light Addicts.