Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights Not Working

StephenJTaylor7

So I have an interesting problem I need help solving.

I have a strand of incandescent candy cane lights I recently bought. While I was testing them out with the controller, they worked fine after one song. On the next song they completely stopped working. So I brought them inside, messed with the fuses inside the lights, and they worked again (I did not replace the fuse). So After I plugged them back into the controller (Via SPT2 Wire and vampire plugs) I ran the song once more. The strand worked through the entire song, then once I played the next song, they stopped working again.

Ive done this maybe three times and the same thing keeps happening. Any suggestions on a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

I think I am confused.

The lights work on the first song.

They do NOT work on the 2nd song.

What happens on the 3rd, 4th or 5th songs? Do they work?

Have you verified that the 2nd song sequence actually turns on the channel these lights are plugged into?

What happens if you plug a different string of lights into this channel, for testing purposes? Do they work for all your songs?

They only work for the first song. NOT the 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

yes, that channel is supposed to be turned on during the song

I plugged other lights into the channel and they worked fine. And different strings work for all the other songs.

Solofilmmaker wrote:

They only work for the first song. NOT the 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

yes, that channel is supposed to be turned on during the song

I plugged other lights into the channel and they worked fine. And different strings work for all the other songs.

Does this string have any kind of "multifunction controller" attached to them, meaning did they come from the factory with a "box" on the string?