Light-O-Rama Forums

help help help

Guest guest

i just got my controller yesterday and was trying to get things up and going. I got the light o rama controller with the mp3 player. i have been trying to follow the instructions that came with the controller but did not get very far. I already have three songs programed, so i was trying to get them to the sd card to run in the controler.

I have error message when i went to put the songs and programs to the mp3 file message read "there was a problem while attempting to create the mp3 show current activity creating file system object error was ActiveX component can't create object"

any ideas as to how to get rid of this.

I have error message when i went to put the songs and programs to the mp3 file message read "there was a problem while attempting to create the mp3 show current activity creating file system object error was ActiveX component can't create object"

any ideas as to how to get rid of this.

I'm assuming that you are in the Hardware Utility (HWU), have clicked the "LOR MP3" tab and added sequences to create your show. When you clicked the "Setup files for Memory Card" button you got this error.

This happens if scrrun.dll is missing. This is a Windows DLL located in C:WINDOWSsystem32 for WinXP and C:Windowssystem for Win98. If this file is not present, you need to get a copy for your version of Windows.

what is DLL?

is it something that came with the light o rama program and i did not get installed?

where can I get this DLL, is it something I can download from somewhere?

thanks mike

light man 360 wrote:

what is DLL?

is it something that came with the light o rama program and i did not get installed?

where can I get this DLL, is it something I can download from somewhere?

thanks mike

Mike,

A DLL is a Windows library module. It's a part of Windows and should have been installed when Windows was put on your machine. If you have another machine running the same version of Windows, you can copy it from there. There is probably some way to get Windows to re-install it, but since it's only 148KB you could get some one you trust, who has the same version of Windows, to email it to you. What version of Windows do you have?

John

went to paste the scrun dll file into system 32 and i already have it so this cant be the problem i have the file

any other things i might want to check for so i can get this mp3 show to save

light man 360 wrote:

went to paste the scrun dll file into system 32 and i already have it so this cant be the problem i have the file

any other things i might want to check for so i can get this mp3 show to save

The dll must not be registered. Bring up a command window using the following sequence of clicks:

start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

type the following command in the command window:

regsvr32 c:/windows/system32/scrrun.dll

Try to write the SD card data in the Hardware Utility

did the command said that it was completed succesfully

then went into hardware selected shows went to "set up files for memory card"and still got error message "active x componet can't create object"

light man 360 wrote:

did the command said that it was completed succesfully

then went into hardware selected shows went to "set up files for memory card"and still got error message "active x componet can't create object"

Out of reasonable ideas at this point. It looks like your Windows installation is messed up. The Hardware Utility wants to make the MP3SHOW directory(folder) and your Windows is damaged in some way that is preventing it. Maybe your scrrun.dll is damaged.
Here are some things you can try:
1) I can email you the latest Hardware Utility. It has no problems on the four machines I use -- Win98, XP Home & two XP Pro. It is 568K, is this reasonable for your Internet conenction speed/email service? If can also zip it to 150K.
2) Unregister scrrun.dll with this command:
regsvr32 /u c:/windows/system32/scrrun.dll
and then register it again as before.
3) Create the folder yourself. If you have not changed the default location of LOR, the folder you need to create is C:/Program Files/Light-O-Rama/MP3SHOW
4) Replace scrrun.dll with a different one and register the new one

try uninstalling and installing a different scrun dll then re registered tryed setting up the mp3 show again did not work

tryed creating the mp3 show folder myself did it and then tryed setting up the mp3 show again did not work

if you want to try email me a copy of the hardware utility i guess i will try that don't have much to loss at this point i have a dsl connection so i should be able to down load it okay my email is dodgeman3898@hotmail.com

thanks mike

Mike,

I spoke with Dan this morning and he's going to try and build a Hardware Utility that does not use the scripting dll (scrrun.dll) to write the MP3SHOW directory. Hopefully, this will fix your problem.

Mike's Windows configuration has problems with the scripting library. It was too difficult for LOR to correct his Windows configuration so Dan created a copy of the Hardware Utility that does not use the scripting library. This solved Mike's problem.