Light-O-Rama Forums

New updated features

Austen

Hey everyone.

I recently updated LOR, and so far love the new changes. But I was testing a few lights with some effects and came up with a few questions:

1. What is intelligent fade? It fades the same as normal fade for me. What's the difference?

2. What is chase? When I clicked "chase" then clicked on a square to see what it does, the square did not light up. Nothing happened.

3. What is color fade?

Thank you in advance!
-Austen G.

Austen wrote:

2. What is chase? When I clicked "chase" then clicked on a square to see what it does, the square did not light up. Nothing happened.

You need to start with an event in the first cell you select..like a fade.

3. What is color fade?

For CCR's

Don wrote:

And for the intelligent fade ... See the help file within the Sequence Editor. Look under "What's New" for 2.8.6

I thought you needed a certain IQ to use the Intelligent Fade...that's why I never have.

1511766.GIF1511770.GIF1511767.GIF

jimswinder wrote:

Don wrote:
And for the intelligent fade ... See the help file within the Sequence Editor. Look under "What's New" for 2.8.6

I thought you needed a certain IQ to use the Intelligent Fade...that's why I never have.

1511766.GIF1511770.GIF1511767.GIF

Obviously I'm not intelligent enough to use it,, since I don't know what it does. haha

But I will look it up.

jimswinder wrote:

Austen wrote:
3. What is color fade?

For CCR's

Not just for CCRs, can be used with any RGB light like the MightyMinis, Rainbow Floods and spots, many of the Chauvet fixtures, and the list goes on

Call me stupid here I guess. i can't seem to find these new features your talking about and i downloaded the 2.3.8 version perhaps maybe i dont have the licence to do this?

:)

doug petschke wrote:

Call me stupid here I guess. i can't seem to find these new features your talking about and i downloaded the 2.3.8 version perhaps maybe i dont have the licence to do this?

:)

Version 2.3.8 is pretty old. It would not have them.

Most of the features were added in the 2.8.x version. 2.8.12 is the current

LOL its funny how all of you are so gung ho about this. not sure i need it with 16 channels. perhap id my boss would give me a raise i could afford to go all out like you all

doug petschke wrote:

LOL its funny how all of you are so gung ho about this. not sure i need it with 16 channels. perhap id my boss would give me a raise i could afford to go all out like you all

But next year, you will probably have 32 channels! Then the next year....

It never ends. It's a curse.

Austen wrote:

It never ends. It's a curse.

Well, my wife thinks so anyways. Finally had to put in new elec subpanels this year....:)

I think it's great. It's a curse I am not ready to be cured from yet. And it keeps me out of other trouble.... LOL

I started with 16 channels, but I came in on the later versions, but as soon as possible I did upgrade to the full Advanced license. Despite what you may think you don't need or use, I'd definitely recommend going to the Advanced (or Pro) version of the LOR Software suite. I'm glad I did because it does have a lot of nice features, some I may not be using for now, but I want the option to have them accesible and useable for a display that will continue to grow in time. I'm less than a year into this myself and already at 5 controllers/80 channels, MP3 Showtime Director and an FM Transmitter. And I still need MORE too! LOL

Yep, it's a curse all right, but this is one curse I can live with and have no issues with, well, except for not having enough funds to buy that extra controller and channels when I need them! It *NEVER* stops until they pry these controllers from my dead cold hands! ROFL

Orville wrote:

I started with 16 channels, but I came in on the later versions, but as soon as possible I did upgrade to the full Advanced license. Despite what you may think you don't need or use, I'd definitely recommend going to the Advanced (or Pro) version of the LOR Software suite. I'm glad I did because it does have a lot of nice features, some I may not be using for now, but I want the option to have them accesible and useable for a display that will continue to grow in time. I'm less than a year into this myself and already at 5 controllers/80 channels, MP3 Showtime Director and an FM Transmitter. And I still need MORE too! LOL

Yep, it's a curse all right, but this is one curse I can live with and have no issues with, well, except for not having enough funds to buy that extra controller and channels when I need them! It *NEVER* stops until they pry these controllers from my dead cold hands! ROFL

I'll give a great big AMEN to that! With each new controller the need for extension cords multiplies! :shock:

Yep, I can sure attest to that. I thought I had enough for my Halloween display that I started with, NOPE! I needed to add about 60+ more to the mix. Fortunately I was able to go to several Wal-Mart stores and scarf up what they had at each store. LOL

Plus at 92 cents each, not as bad as most other places I had looked at for the same X-Cord, the next lowest price I found was Lowes at $1.17 and had to get some from them since I had already cleaned out the Wal-Mart stores completely. LOL

Now that the "2010 Christmas Season" is here, it seems the price GOES UP on these things too! Well Wal-Mart still is the same, but I found the same X-Cords at other places that were selling them for around $1.29-$1.59 for the 6 footers are now selling them for $2.99-$4.99! What a RIP OFF that is, kind of infuriates me how retailers GOUGE prices on eXtension cords during the Christmas season!

Fortunately I got all I needed before the price hikes and have plenty for my current Christmas Display!