Light-O-Rama Forums

FTClean

Dave Pursel

I'm having some problems with my usb ports under v7 with a xp vm. It was working but sure isn't now. I also have a mismatch in the hardware utility which is showing v1.6.4. Probably as a result of loading lor-s2 v.2.8.12 prior to loading the drivers. At least that's the speculation based on another forum topic. I need to download the ftclean utility. the pdf RS485_Adapter_Troubleshooting1.pdf has a reference on page 8 to download FTClean.exe. However I believe due to the lor website revamping that the link refers to is no longer valid. If so the pdf should be updated. A search fails to turn up a link to download this file. I've attempted to locate it by searching the forums but no luck so far. can anyone help. tx.

Here's the link to the FTClean utility.

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/FTClean.zip

I would also consider an uninstall/re-install of the LOR Software.

Use this link to get the USB driver installer. Download it and save it to your Desktop:
http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/CDM20600.exe

Once you have down loaded it and saved it to your desktop, double click the file which will run the driver installer. (make sure that the USB adapter is unplugged).

Once the installer has completed,
1 run the LOR hardware Utility.
2 In the “Setup Comm Port” section (Top left of screen) click on the “Manual Select” dropdown.
3 Make note of which comm ports are present.
4 Plug in the USB adapter (wait 15 seconds for it to be recognized)
5. Check the Manual Select dropdown and a new com port should now be present. Select that new comm port as your show port.

Tx Don. I'm having what might be construed as a "security" problem with my somewhat new laptop. I can download the zip file but I couldn't download the exe file. I tweaked a couple of IE settings and got it to go so I'm not going to worry about the download problem at this point. As a result the comments regarding the link in the pdf should be ignored as they are correct and the downloads work on another computer. I'll post the results of the updates after I complete them tomorrow. Tx for the reply.