Light-O-Rama Forums

HEY Guys!

captainron19

ItsMeBobO wrote:

How many days till lights on?

I show 15 days left on my calendar.

What am I doing here. . . BACK TO PROGRAMMING!

Well, I am only 3 days away from lights on as this Saturday is our Santa Claus Parade which for me starts the Christmas season. Things are a little tense here as this is year one with LOR. I have been programming since March and building all the elements for my show. Yetserday I just finished putting up the lights and elements. Today I will start to hook it all up. A dry run on Thursday then the show begins.

ARRRRRRRRRGh.. I just took down Halloween... holiday seasons seem to be getting shorter... maybe it's just daylight savings time?

PaulXmas wrote:

Nov 26 for me plus a few tests before then.

That is in 2 weeks!@!!!!!!

Paul

Maybe you can send an Alberta clipper down south of you.50-70 degrees here in november is just not right.

PaulXmas wrote:

Nov 26 for me plus a few tests before then.

That is in 2 weeks!@!!!!!!

Ah the pressure!! Got a couple more hours of setting up. And a whole bunch of tweaking. Got a few new items and need to learn what looks best when programming (technic).

I am planing on starting my lights on nov 25 I have some sequencing to do yet

and some lights to put up yet. hopefully (thingers crossed ) I have enough spt1 wire and or extension cords

My electrician is coming tomorrow and my first LOR arrives on Friday. The house is almost done and lawn service picked up the last of the leaves today, so we start on the yard tomorrow.

As far as programming, I've downloaded lots of files and have preliminary programming complete. The show won't be the greatest this year as we are just learning about LOR, but I'm sure it will beat last year's GE Lights & Sounds of Christmas.

We've had our Indian summer this week and the temperature will drop on Saturday, so we hope we'll have almost everything done so that we can start tweaking the shows.

I think LED's are taking over the world. I've been looking for 100ct Green mini lights and they are almost impossible to find here! Guess I should have stocked up last week.

Wow! Thanks Linda! Now to finish tracking down red net lights from Hobby Lobby in my area... So many new channels, so many new lights to buy and program!

boborino wrote:

Wow! Thanks Linda! Now to finish tracking down red net lights from Hobby Lobby in my area... So many new channels, so many new lights to buy and program!

Glad to help. Good luck with the net lights. Our Hobby Lobby used to be right down the street from us and had a huge selection of lights. We were disappointed with their selection when we went to their new store last week.