Light-O-Rama Forums

Web SIte

Terry Hurrle

Definitely a GREAT start!!! Yola is a great way to build a free website - I have built two with them, including my Christmas site ( http://www.lyonslights.info ). Like you, I'll have pics and videos to add as the season gets closer...

One suggestion that someone made to me is to not put your email address on the site, because internet robots will find it and start spamming the crap out of you...On the Christmas site, I opted to include a cell phone number, but also, there is a "contact us" form that you can add. You set it up so someone enters there info, and then you get emailed their contact info so you can call or email them back...Just a suggestion...If you need help, send me an email or PM and I'd be happy to give you a call to help walk you through it...but, it is pretty self explanatory...

Again, it looks great!!!

Greg

Great looking site. So for someone who knows nothing about building a web site. Where can I get some information?

I know I need a host and a domain name but after that, what do I do? How do I access the website to edit it? etc etc. Is there a link to a how to???

Thanks

wglyons wrote

Greg,
Went in and added that form. Tested it and it worked great. thanks for the suggestion. I get enough spam as it is.
Terry

Definitely a GREAT start!!! Yola is a great way to build a free website - I have built two with them, including my Christmas site ( http://www.lyonslights.info ). Like you, I'll have pics and videos to add as the season gets closer...

One suggestion that someone made to me is to not put your email address on the site, because internet robots will find it and start spamming the crap out of you...On the Christmas site, I opted to include a cell phone number, but also, there is a "contact us" form that you can add. You set it up so someone enters there info, and then you get emailed their contact info so you can call or email them back...Just a suggestion...If you need help, send me an email or PM and I'd be happy to give you a call to help walk you through it...but, it is pretty self explanatory...

Again, it looks great!!!

Greg