Light-O-Rama Forums

Clipboard

shfr26

O.K., Call me whatever you want but here goes. Is there anywhere that tells you how to use the clipboard, not just what it is?? I have no idea how to actually make one and save it. Sorry to be "not so smart" but I just don't get it. :?

Are you talking about cut and paste maybe? Where you open a sequence from someone else and also one of your own and then select a channel from the other person's sequence and press "CTRL C" (to cut) and then go to your sequence where you want what you just copied to the clipboard to go. Then press "CTRL V" to paste.

I've used this a lot to map a sequence that someone else uploaded to my configuration.

-Pat

chartrand wrote:

Are you talking about cut and paste maybe? Where you open a sequence from someone else and also one of your own and then select a channel from the other person's sequence and press "CTRL C" (to cut) and then go to your sequence where you want what you just copied to the clipboard to go. Then press "CTRL V" to paste.

I've used this a lot to map a sequence that someone else uploaded to my configuration.

-Pat

Not really, I can do the cut and paste thing, just can't figure out how to make a clipboard of the event.

When you cut and past you are using a clipboard.

If you click on the clipboard "manager" on the left side of the sequence editor screen, you can opt to save the elements that you just cut or copied to a clipboard that can be locked, and renamed. Once locked it won't be erased by further cut/copied elements. I have saved a number of arch sequences that are named for easy access(ie left to righ fade, right to left fade, fast left to right fade, etc, etc)

Anything you need to cut/copy then defaults to an unlocked clipboard, which you will see listed in the clipboard manager under the locked/saved ones.

You will need to select, with your mouse, which clipboard is active, to copy from, or copy to (if it isn't locked).

It is one of the most useful updates to LOR software, which saves tons of sequencing time!

Also, you can directly select when pasting, whether to paste foreground only, to avoid erasing elements that exist on the sequence currently present, or to replace the section entirely.

It is easiest to learn by playing with it a bit. That being said, you will find it is very intuitive, once you use it once or twice.

Greg

I will have to play around with it and see if I can get it to work, what you said kinda makes sense now.

I have a locked clipboard named "background". It's one cell wide and includes all my channels. It's the intensities that all my channels are set at the beginning and end of each sequence. (I also un-check the "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence.") My display does not go "all dark" between sequences, but certain channels are set to an reduced intensity.

I used to have to copy from an existing sequence and paste to the new sequence, but now it's right there in the named clipboard.