Light-O-Rama Forums

Up grade problem, timings off

MikeA

I just loaded v 2.8.12. When I use my files created in version 2.7.6 the timings go in and out. It slows down and is off by a half beat then speeds back up and catches back up. I am using 128 bit rate MP3's that were made by audacity.
I have a lot of sequencing to do and I am on the road. Help!!

I have noticed this same problem when I set the Play Range to 'From Selection'. It's unbearable, if you ask me. I can't hardly program without that feature, starting the song from the beginning all the time is frustrating, just to keep the cursor moving at the correct pace.

Mike,

I can't recall many (if any) cases where a CBR 128K MP3 file had major timing problems. (I'm not saying it hasn't happened, just that I don't recall that many cases.)

If they are CBR 128K MP3's, and you still have timing issues, you might try converting to a WAV file to run some tests. If the timings are still in/out of phase, then it might be time to email support@lightorama.com, as I wouldn't have any other ideas.

But they work perfectly in software version 2.7.6. It only happened when I upgraded to 2.8.12. That tells me that something is wrong in the software.

I can't say that I recall seeing a large rash of timing problems with the 2.8.12 software.

Since neither of us know what is is, I'd go ahead and email support. Sounds to me like a very odd/unique situation.

Victory402 wrote:

I'm no expert, but had the same problem until I converted my songs to wav files and the problem went away.

Now that you mention it, i remember something about this last year with the mp3 vs. wav files. I'll convert my files and see if that fixes my problem.