Light-O-Rama Forums

Timings and Play Range

kohr

I just wanted to share something that I discovered. This is the 1st year I am trying to put music with the lights.

As I was learning the timings I noticed that for 1 song (Wizards in Winter) every time I tried playing it using Play Range (Selection, From, To) that all of my timings were off. If I played it from the beginning then everything was fine.

This was only happening on this song. Others like Frosty the Snowman or A Mad Russian's Christmas the sequence lined up no matter how I played the song.

Eventually I discovered that my mp3 for Wizards in Winter was something other than 128. I forget what it was but I tried converting it to 128 thinking that was the issue. It was not.

Then I tried converting my original m4a back to mp3 as 128 bit. Then I relinked this new copy to my lms file. Now everything works fine.

I have no idea why but after hours of testing this is what solved my issue.

I am win 7 64bit.

I have this same issue on only one file - Christmas Eve/Sarajevo. But my file is WMA. So I don't think it was the mp3 necessarily.

I am also Win7 64bit.

It is not related to the bit rate (128 vs 320), but rather relates to the way the conversion from wav to mp3, or other media file occurred.

Some encoders by default use VBR encoding as default (variable bit rate), based on it's efficiency in encoding the media file, rather than constant bit rate which LOR needs to use to avoid timing issues as described.

Greg

No - it is not the bit rate either.

Yes - there are some issues with VBR files, you are correct. But my WMA file is 64bit, CBR.

Thanks.