Light-O-Rama Forums

New BlueWhite LED Icicles Are Up!

jjdurrant

Love the Blue how it really sticks out. Not to happy with the blue incons. George was right I might be up there painting them blue again. Just the cost is going to kill me when I change out. I want to do that all at once.

Looks good JJ. You are sooooooo hooked, btw! Do they fade ok? I know the icicle's I got are c6 and they fade like a champ. They really REALLY look good. I've been running my partial setup show for 2 nights. I try and sneak out and make sure all looks nice and I didn't miss any beats. But people keep coming over and watching. I wish I had a huge curtain so they cant see until its time.

Thanks guys.. yep.. they fade perfect, no issues. I have 12 sets connected together.

They are def not cheap.. (even after the 10% PC discount), but well worth it IMO.

Looks good - I love the blue effect - I probably wouldnt of added it if I didnt create the Elcis Blue Christmas Sequence last year - I did the c9 LED Retros on all of my gutters and garage doors - it really stands out in Blue Christmas - I have a video of it here.

http://www.burlingtonlights.com/videos.php

Looks good - I love the blue effect - I probably wouldnt of added it if I didnt create the Elcis Blue Christmas Sequence last year - I did the c9 LED Retros on all of my gutters and garage doors - it really stands out in Blue Christmas - I have a video of it here.

captainron19 wrote:

The blue sure does stand out, nice job. I really liked the way you got the lights dancing on Christmas Vacation.

jjdurrant wrote:

Looks great, Linda. How are you attaching the mutils to the side of your house? Is the siding vinyl?

Our house is aluminum siding. I attach the lights to the clip and push the clip between the slats. Here's a close-up.

Attached files 219898=12200-Siding resized.jpg

I used the gray clips a couple of years ago when I only did a part of the house. If found the clips on the right at Meijer when I decided to expand and do the entire house.

Attached files 219899=12201-Siding Clips.jpg

DonFL wrote:

The picture here has me modifying an arch area over my front door to blue icicles...my wife is just rolling her eyes..:)

My DH isn't allowed to sigh heavily or roll his eyes during the Christmas season. I have a pretty good sized hosta garden and he does do the rolling eyes stuff when I make him move a plant that he just put in the ground the day before.