Light-O-Rama Forums

Roof is done! Trees are done!

Bob Wingert

ainsworth wrote:

your big arches are blue in this photo!!!! How did you adjust you camera to get the color right? I have a new camera (after 15 years LMAO) and I'm trying to learn how to use it.

http://vimeo.com/16697402 this video is of what I have up so far. I know how to solve the issue of the tree looking like it is leaning (get the camera level, I'm such a putz!). I have the camera set to fireworks and no other settings. The Robin Wheel is out of focus to me, and the colors are not right. Other than the suggestions made by TJ what can I try to improve my videos?

Thanks
Bruce

LOL. I restrung them Blue :P ... HAHA. What I did was what TJ suggested with the shutter speed and I took OFF the fireworks settings. Switched it to Night. I also tried low light, that sucked. I'm pretty sure that setting was night with the shutter speed down to 1/15. Problem is I took so damn many pics last night that I "forgot" what I did?????? DOH! But I'm pretty sure what I told you was the deal. I'm still messing with it. Report more findings as they arrive

Got 40k lights up. 10 controllers wired and tested. All I have left is the Mega tree, candy canes and a Santa. Will start the mega tree this weekend. Need to cut a few trees down for the mega tree placement today.

ainsworth wrote:

your big arches are blue in this photo!!!! How did you adjust you camera to get the color right? I have a new camera (after 15 years LMAO) and I'm trying to learn how to use it.

http://vimeo.com/16697402 this video is of what I have up so far. I know how to solve the issue of the tree looking like it is leaning (get the camera level, I'm such a putz!). I have the camera set to fireworks and no other settings. The Robin Wheel is out of focus to me, and the colors are not right. Other than the suggestions made by TJ what can I try to improve my videos?

Thanks
Bruce

Hey Bruce, That page does not come up, says bad url. Or maybe it is just me.

ainsworth wrote:

I don't get it, gives me an error also. I went to vimeo and called it up and it appears to be the same link.

Not sure what to do, I will post link again and see if it works.

http://vimeo.com/16697402

Bruce

That works! Very nice Bruce!! For some reason, I'm in the mood for Margarita's and Buritos :P :cool: ... Gonna Salsa Dance my way back outside and finish my lights!

pokrplr wrote:

Candy Canes and Floods now up.

73435_462587229588_328124109588_5288690_5948068_n.jpg

Looks like you got it figured out, lowered the setting, slower shutter speeds means the iris (well not really) is open longer, capturingthe true wavelength, so the blue comes out in the photo..

Bruce, love the video ! this must be one of those songs that kept Bernie moving in Weekend At Bernies.. cause it's making my feet move.. shuffle shuffle, step, step.. shuffle, spin, step.... aaaaah... :dude:

Since I had lights left over and its shameful to waste, decided to outline the sides of the house. We are pushing 15,000 now. Not bad for a 1st year. Oh yeah, the mini trees are finally all in place. Took some creative movement to get them to work with the arches

76293_464356724588_328124109588_5307602_520696_n.jpg

Don Gillespie wrote:

Ok there is only one thing wrong that I see here WHERE IS THE SNOW lol looks great

We had our once every 10 years snow last year, a whopping 8". I will leave the rest to you fine folks in O'Canada ;)

isimpleman wrote:

Sweet i love the blue i kinda went crazy with it myself this year.

Same here...well, after seeing pokr's arch and snowflake..it answered the agonizing question of what to do with the one major doorway arch I have..so unabashedly copying his hanging blue icicles, and the snowflake.

And, yea, of course..the royalty checks will be sent monthly...:P;)

DonFL wrote:

And, yea, of course..the royalty checks will be sent monthly...:(;)

I'll PM you my address: And if you can, please try to send them on or close to the 1st when the mortgage is due. Gracias' ;)

Jock Jams Intro > Youtube. Video #3

Getting a little better @ this, still need to tweak the settings. Arches are white again! UGH

• The topic was locked