Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Boards

Guest guest

New baby wants to know I have two 16 channel boards but one of my songs will only use 16 channels. How will I know witch board it will be and will the other board be ok if not used ?

in the sequence editor when you assign the channels to the sequence, just assign and 16 of your 32 channels and the sequence will only send out commands to those channels only. If a channel is not used, it is off.

--Daniel L

Daniel wrote:

and the sequence will only send out commands to those channels only. If a channel is not used, it is off.

--Daniel L

Just a technicality. All commands in the sequence are sent to ALL connected controllers. The controllers will simply ignore commands that are not meant for it.

bigjohn wrote:

New baby wants to know I have two 16 channel boards but one of my songs will only use 16 channels. How will I know witch board it will be and will the other board be ok if not used ?

The previous questions are fine but I just want to dig a little deeper. Per your question, I am a bit concerned that you may not have setup your channel configurations. In the sequence editor you must set each channel to point to a particular UNIT(controller) and a particular PLUG(circuit) on that controller.

Thus when you have a sequence with only 16 channels, you will know which controller it will be directing because the channels will be configured for a particular UNIT ID.... So if your channels are pointing to Unit "01" then the controller with the UNIT ID of "01" will be responding to the command....

Each Unit must have a unique Unit ID that matches the Unit Id defined in the Sequence Editor.

john, i see you live in cincinnati i work in maintenace at kings island, and live in lawrenceburg, IN if you need any help after what everyone else explained to you i would be willing to meet you and help you out