Light-O-Rama Forums

Jumping the power wire

Guest guest

I currently have my boards wired with 2 power cords each, but the draw on my entire show is such that I really don't need to have four power cords on two boards. On the boards you have the jump settings, but I just want to make sure I do it right so I don't screw anything up. Does someone have a good picture of their board using these jumps so one power cord powers both sides of the board?

I can wire up 32 channels into molex connectors, but need help with a power jumper, how sad is that?

:laughing:

I have a couple of boards hooked up with only one power source, if I get home early enough tonight, I will post a pic or email it to you. It's really just a matter of making sure the neutrals are together and the hots are together, and only takes a short piece of wire for each. I use #14 but you probably should use #12. I can understand why you would be nervous about hooking the jumper up wrong, I get nervous too when it comes to a $200+ electronics unit. Of course if you did happen to mess up, the fast blow fuse would go first, or at least we hope. :shock: