Light-O-Rama Forums

Keeping Simulate Night Time Checked

ryebred

Is there a way to keep the Simulate Night Time check box checked when a sequence is saved? I use that setting on every sequence because my picture is lighter, which is easier to draw with. But then when I watch the show, it looks better with the darker image but that setting never gets saved.

Another little item I noticed is that when you click on the "Hide/Show Controls" button in the animation window, it thinks that the sequence has changed and requires a save. So when I have finished a sequence and just want to watch it, I have to click show controls, drag the window taller to uncover the check box, check simulate night time, click hide controls, and then play the sequence. Then when I close I either have to save it or tell it to ignore any changes made.

ryebred wrote:

when you click on the "Hide/Show Controls" button in the animation window, it thinks that the sequence has changed

That's because when you click on Hide/Show Controls, it actually does change the sequence. The state of the Hide/Show Controls is saved in the sequence file, in the "animation" section.

It would be nice if it also saved the state of the "Simulate night time" box. This sounds like a good request to send to wishlist@lightorama.com.

I have always wondered how many people kept the pic after they get the lights drawn. It is indispensable to have the pic to initially draw the lights and get proportions right. But after I have my layout done, I just find it distracting so I "Remove" the Background Image. That simulates pitch-black rather nicely, and you never have to deal with the check box again! (you need pitch black to even see if you have lights at 20% as part of your sequences)

Count me as one who also ditched the image. Our house is in the middle of the block and there are street lights only at either end of the block, so our yard is close to completely dark. I also like seeing the visualizer that way because that's how the yard looks in real life.

Could always decrease the brightness of the image in some basic photo editing software, and then import the darkened image of your house, rather than messing with the nighttime check box. (haven't done this myself, but sounds good to do anyways).

Sometimes I mess with the check box. Other times I drop the immage. Yet other times I switch to a pre darkened immage.

Ymmv.

If you ditch the picture, then you get a box saying background image is missing every time you open the visualizer. Can you get rid of that box?

redsea300 wrote:

If you ditch the picture, then you get a box saying background image is missing every time you open the visualizer. Can you get rid of that box?

If you move the picture from where it exists on your computer, you will get that error - don't do that!

In the LOR editor when you bring up the animation screen, down in the lower left menu, in the "Background Image" area, there is a "Remove" image button (save sequence after). That 'disassociates' that picture with the visualizer, and it won't get that error. (edit: it doesn't delete the pic from your system)

Now, if you have already destroyed the image at the path it expects to find a picture at before you have done the "Remove" button thing - that can be a problem. You will get that error every time, and it won't give you the option to remove it because it couldn't find it to begin with. Best thing to do there is put the picture back, then do the Remove button thing.