Light-O-Rama Forums

Black Berry

RaceMedic

Is there a program or interface out there that will allow my Black Berry to control my computer remotely so I can work on testing my show song at a time without having to go back in the house all the time.

I know some people use a program with a different phone but a search for the Black Berry came back blank !

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Use a laptop to run & debug the show during your outside development time or connect the laptop via WiFi to your LOR PC/Server running Terminal Services.

Randy

I have UltraVNC installed on my show PC so I can remote into it from my laptop via wifi on the driveway.

Have also found a VNC viewer program for my Android phone which works pretty well, although very fiddly on such a small screen. Not sure if there is a VNC app for Blackberry?

Nixay.

In my opinion this is nearly impossible, without Dan offering an API that can be utilized by third parties. The previously stated options of remote controlling the machine that runs LOR can be done(I do it with my laptop). But using a mobile device to control a pc is not realistic(my opinion).

btoerck wrote:

is this capability available on an i-phone?

I have Teamviewer on my Iphone, it's an APP, and my PC. I can connect to my PC from my Iphone and run LOR. I can start any of it and control any of it. I've used it for the Hardware Utility and starting and stopping a show. Even changed my show around and it works great! Plus it's FREE for non commercial use.

I've got Real VNC on my show PC, and Mocha VNC on my iPhone 4. I wouldn't try to modify a sequence that way, but I have enabled/disabled shows, and done show on demand this way. I haven't had reason to use hardware utility this way yet, but I expect it will be OK as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Check this out: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/438
You might need to do a little research on it to see how good it is, but it's a start.

For the iphone... iTeleport is another great app that uses VNC on the pc. I'm having issues with some light right now and its very handy to be able to control a string of lights as I'm under the tree investigating.

I use RealVNC both on my server computer (where LOR is running) and the client app on iPhone 4, and it works great. I've made SMALL changes to sequences (Like copy/paste a line or two, or turn a line on or off.) I also use the hardware controller application including the fader console for testing during setup. That works REALLY well.

I imagine that if you can get some flavor of VNC working well on the blackberry, you'll do just fine with it. It's not as awesome as a native phone application would be, but almost...