Light-O-Rama Forums

Big after Halloween score

Robsaus

I got in good with the manager of a halloween store here in NW FL and I ended up coming home with two truck loads of stuff that was returned or damaged for free. So far I have fixed over $600.00 worth of stuff for next years display. I have a bunch of pics and video from this weekend that I will try to post this week yet. We figured we had close to 400 people go thru the haunted graveyard we set up in the front yard.

Rob

Robsaus wrote:

I got in good with the manager of a halloween store here in NW FL and I ended up coming home with two truck loads of stuff that was returned or damaged for free. So far I have fixed over $600.00 worth of stuff for next years display. I have a bunch of pics and video from this weekend that I will try to post this week yet. We figured we had close to 400 people go thru the haunted graveyard we set up in the front yard.

Rob

WOW!

Don't know how you managed that one.

When I was in retail management, we had to send EVERYTHING back to the manufacturer for the stuff that was returned due to damage. We couldn't give away anything for free, we could however sell it as "damaged goods" at a reduced rate, and/or if just returned due to incorrect item or not wanted, we could still sell it at CLEARANCE/OPEN BOX prices, but we still had to submit forms to the manufacturer after doing so to show it was sold as NON-RETURNABLE damaged or opened goods.

I have yet to find ANY store that can just "give the stuff away", so if you found one, you really lucked into something there! Sure would like to know what store you were able to get all this from, so if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me with the name, I could check and see if we have the same store in my area where maybe I could score some extra goodies after the 2011 Halloween season! As I don't mind trying to fix something or even make a rig to make it work from its intended way.