Light-O-Rama Forums

Wire frames with animation on LOR

Guest guest

What do I do with the already-animated wire frames with lights that we have bought over the years from Christmas Done Bright?

For Halloween, we have a number of bats that flap their wings, obviously they wont look animated flahing in and out of a sequence, right?

What do you guys do in this situation?

Thanks thank thanks!

Susy

If they have motors, they are going to have to stay on long enough in the sequence to see the flapping. If it's just a second on/off, the animation will not be appreciated. As another person said, you can always separate the motor and the lights. Depending on the sequence, you could have the motor come on (and get moving) before the lights flash on.

If these are CDB wirframes, with no motors, you just need to chase the wings with a 2 channel chaser.

Thanks for you writing back.

I checked them out and realized it's the situation Bill described, no motor and no moving parts, it's different positions for the wings that makes the bats seem to flap.

Not sure what CDB stands for?

Can you tell me what a "two channel chaser" is? I have 6 bats, they each have their own plug, and they have two wing positions that flash to simulate the flapping.

We have a christmas piece of santa and his reindeer, where it looks like the reindeer are running, which flashes the same way.

Thanks!

Susy

Susy,

CDB stands for Christmas Done Bright. They also sell the chasers. You can get the chasers in 2,3,4 etc. channels. It's basically a box with a circuit board inside that you plug your different positioned wings into, to make them appear to be flapping. So one wing is on, the other is off, one on, one off, etc. The chasers are usually usually speed adjustable, so you could make the wings appear to be flapping slower or faster, depending on your preference. If you call CDB, I'm sure they would happy to help you with any information. Also, you can use a program like LOR, to do the same effect. One circuit would go to one wing position, another to the second wing position, and you could control the flapping with that. Action Lighting has a similar product as the chaser but it's called a fader. Does practically the same thing, but it fades from one wing to the other rather than just turns on/off. It's a matter of preference which one you like. http://www.actionlighting.com/Items.asp?Criteria=fader

bridegirl wrote:

What do I do with the already-animated wire frames with lights that we have bought over the years from Christmas Done Bright?

Your situation was one of my first challenges in planning our new LOR display for 2006.

Bottom line, with 80 channels of LOR some animations were switched over from 2/3 channel chasers to using a few LOR channels, the other part of my display involves using a relay that turns motors, electronic controllers, multi-colored motifs, etc. on or off. The relay only uses 2 watts of power from one channel.