Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I keep something lit while my show transitions.

jfelix

I am pretty sure this can be done, but have to admit 5 years of using LOR and I still don't know it all (not even close). ANyways here is my situation.

I have a snowflake arch that will be over my street this year. I need 12 channels to run each snowflake. My question is can I set LOR to keep the snowflakes doing their thing even when my house is dark between songs? Also, the extra 4 channels can I still use those in my show like I normally would? (say to light a tree with 3 colors, mini tree chade, etc.)

Create a Show with your Musical Sequence 1 followed by an Animation Sequence which then would be followed by your next Musical Sequence 2 and so on.

I just got my LOR system and could only make three Musical Sequences on time for my party. But I wanted a general set of lights on for about 20 minutes in between my songs. So I set up the Show with Song 1, Animation 1 for 20 mins., Song 2, Animation again for 20 mins, Song 3, and so on....

If your snowflakes behave independently of your songs, and you want them to basically do whatever they do continuously throughout your show, then I would suggest taking them out of your musical sequences entirely, putting them into their own sequence, and adding that sequence to either the "Background" or "Animation" tab of your show instead of the "Musical" tab.

Otherwise, I would suggest taking advantage of the "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" setting on the "Musical" tab.

The help file contains details on these topics on the following page:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?what_is_a_show.htm

If you have any questions on this, or if what I described isn't what you want, please say so.

Bob you got it. The snowflakes will behave differently from my songs. I thought there was a way make them be on throughout the show.

Thanks. If I have any more questions I will let you know.