Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Light Show

Tracy West

Here is my 2010 Halloween light show. This is my 3rd year with LOR. We had a really good turn out to see the show and over 500 trick or treaters! I had a lot of fun building the props and working on the songs. They came together really well. The only problem I had was my crap camcorder not capturing all the neat details. Next year I will have a HD camcorder.

Cracker is my hero. He has set the bar really high to work toward. I have learned a lot from his great work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXpT3S7pfjI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFWDARvHGq4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Vc1eLw2YM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pWF6WnJ8Bo

Videos 3 and 5 in your list aboive come back with this:

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

YouLose and their idiotic blocking. Just sooooo dumb to do this. Since WMG is so dadburn picky about their music, then I will make darn sure I NEVER buy another WMG song or CD. I freaking download it from whereever I can find it on the internet and put it in my display just for dadgum spite!!!

Guess WMG STILL DOES NOT GET IT! What a bunch of MORONS at WMG to have YouTube do this. If it was not for YouTube and MANY of the SONGS I HEAR on there, I WOULD NOT have ever bought a LOT of music, i.e. CD's I now own. But since WMG have their stupid heads so far up their A**ess they can't see that BLOCKING their music PREVENTS REVENUE, they deserve to be BOYCOTTED and their MUSIC DOWNLOADED BY ANYONE THAT CAN FIND IT FOR FREE ON THE INTERNET!

If I were an Musical Talent I'd be FIRING WMG and moving to a company that has the intelligence to know that by allowing the music to be played in a public forum such as YouTube PROMOTES CD SALES and REVENUE, instead of this idiocy!

Sorry for the rant, but WMG is the ONLY ONE that I know that continues to do this, Sony gives a warning BUT ALLOWS the audio track to stay intact on the video and others allow the soundtrack to remain. Why WMG ARE the BIGGEST JERKS on the planet and can't see what's right before them just astounds me!

Off the soapbox now.

That is so strange. I am able to play them from my end and they still say the videos are public. (Some blocked in other countries)

Yes, I have had other videos completely blocked. ( A few years back) It does not make any sense.

Tracy West wrote:

That is so strange. I am able to play them from my end and they still say the videos are public. (Some blocked in other countries)

Yes, I have had other videos completely blocked. ( A few years back) It does not make any sense.

Now that is strange. I'm sure not in another country, in Florida, so if you can play them, I would think anyone in the US would be able to as well. But it's just on videos 3 and 5 I get that message and I don't even get the video at all. Used to be you'd get the video, but only the soundtrack was blocked. Now the entire video is blocked, at least all I get is that warning message and a bunch of other YouTube videos that aren't even remotely related to the subject content!

EDIT: Just tried it again, still get the same message on both #2 and #5 videos. Are you sure they are playing from the YouTube site? They may be "cached" in your browsers cache and playing from there. Had that happen to me a while back, I could play my video and said it was public, but no one else could get to it. When I cleared out my browser cache and restarted it. Then I got the same message everyone else was getting about the video being blocked due to WMG copyright.

So you may want to check into that to be sure you're not playing it from a cached file.

jimswinder wrote:

#3 and #5 are blocked for me as well...

and Florida IS a different country!! :P

It may seem like it to you since we do see that strange thing called "sunshine" most of the time, unlike that cloud-filled universe you live in...:D

DonFL wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

and Florida IS a different country!! :P

It may seem like it to you since we do see that strange thing called "sunshine" most of the time, unlike that cloud-filled universe you live in...:D

Don, shouldn't that be "SMOG" instead of cloud?:D:D

Orville wrote:

Don, shouldn't that be "SMOG" instead of cloud?:P:D

Actually, we get very little smog. BUT..if it wasn't for the constant winds that move thru the area between the Olympic and Cascade mountains, we would have worse smog than L.A....

Tracy West wrote:

Cracker is my hero. He has set the bar really high to work toward. I have learned a lot from his great work.

#3 & #5 blocked

I'm no hero...just a squirrel trying to get a nut! :P

BTW, that one giant Godzilla!! How tall is it? I like it!

Orville wrote:

DonFL wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

and Florida IS a different country!! :D

Don, shouldn't that be "SMOG" instead of cloud?:P:D

It was raining too hard for me to tell when I was out there last week...I literally never saw the sun.

Of course, I come home to a perfect week of weather in FL this week...heading back out west on monday, and, as usual, weather.com says rain all week.

What I really want to know is how Jim gets his entire show set up in the 17 minutes of dry weather that they have in seattle between September and Thanksgiving..:D

DonFL wrote:

What I really want to know is how Jim gets his entire show set up in the 17 minutes of dry weather that they have in seattle between September and Thanksgiving..:P

Ya know...when I was working construction in Gainesville, Florida I always thought it strange that with the first drop of rain, they were packing up their tools and heading home and before I knew it, I was the only one working in the "rain"...

Floridians are wussies!! :D

Seattlites don't get tan lines...we get rust lines.

jimswinder wrote:

DonFL wrote:
What I really want to know is how Jim gets his entire show set up in the 17 minutes of dry weather that they have in seattle between September and Thanksgiving..:P

Ya know...when I was working construction in Gainesville, Florida I always thought it strange that with the first drop of rain, they were packing up their tools and heading home and before I knew it, I was the only one working in the "rain"...

Jim THOSE ARE NOT TRUE NATIVES! I am a TRUE NATIVE born and raised and I've worked out in the rain a LOT of times. The only time I would turn tail and run is doing a storm with lightning. I had no intent on becoming a lightning rod.

It's all the "out of staters" that moved here that every time it rains are ready to call it a day and stop working. All the REAL and TRUE NATIVES absolutely DO NOT call it quits because of rain!

So it ain't the True Blue Natives in Florida, but I do concur, there are now a lot of wussies in Florida. It just ain't the "True Natives!"

p.s. And it AIN'T the TRUE NATIVES that don't know how to drive here either!!! I was NOT taught to drive like how a lot of the idiots here in Florida drive now!

Orville wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
DonFL wrote:

Jim THOSE ARE NOT TRUE NATIVES! I am a TRUE NATIVE born and raised and I've worked out in the rain a LOT of times. The only time I would turn tail and run is doing a storm with lightning. I had no intent on becoming a lightning rod.

It's all the "out of staters" that moved here that every time it rains are ready to call it a day and stop working. All the REAL and TRUE NATIVES absolutely DO NOT call it quits because of rain!

So it ain't the True Blue Natives in Florida, but I do concur, there are now a lot of wussies in Florida. It just ain't the "True Natives!"

p.s. And it AIN'T the TRUE NATIVES that don't know how to drive here either!!! I was NOT taught to drive like how a lot of the idiots here in Florida drive now!

I've lived in a lot of places, big cities and small, and I remain convinced driving skills have nothing to do with native or not. After a year in LA, and now 15+ in Florida, I will say there are times when I felt safer in LA rush hour than I do at certain time and certain places in FL. Some of it has to do with blue hairs who can't see over the steering wheel, others are, well, just bad drivers.

As much as I might agree with you re the rain, my wife (FL native) shrivels in temps below 60 degrees. Has "no idea" how I survived years growing up in midwest winters.

It's all about "where you're from.."...:D:D

Thanks.

Godzilla is 15 foot tall. I saw his big brother on ebay. He was 30 foot tall. I contacted the company and had him custom made at 15 foot. You can see him 2 blocks away but in West Texas winds, he can be very difficult!

DonFL wrote:

I've lived in a lot of places, big cities and small, and I remain convinced driving skills have nothing to do with native or not. After a year in LA, and now 15+ in Florida, I will say there are times when I felt safer in LA rush hour than I do at certain time and certain places in FL. Some of it has to do with blue hairs who can't see over the steering wheel, others are, well, just bad drivers.

As much as I might agree with you re the rain, my wife (FL native) shrivels in temps below 60 degrees. Has "no idea" how I survived years growing up in midwest winters.

It's all about "where you're from.."...:D:D

Well my wife and I don't shrivel in temps like that. I'll be out and railfanning (taking photographps/video of trains) in all kinds of weather, and chances are I may have on a long thinned sleeve shirt and long pants, no jacket and flip flops in temps as low as 50 degrees or less here.

Can't say anything about snow as the only time I was ever in that was when I was 2 years old visiting my now late Grandparents in Ashland, Kentucky, and I don't remember a thing about it. (I think we've already hi-jacked this one too far!) :shock::P

And to get back on the topic of this thread, I liked the 15' Godzilla too and the sequencing was great with the display in the videos I could watch. Very nice job! :D:cool:

Thanks.

I hate that my video of Godzilla by BOC has been blocked. I had a lot of fun making that one too.

Tracy West wrote:

Thanks.

I hate that my video of Godzilla by BOC has been blocked. I had a lot of fun making that one too.

A lot of folks have gone over to Vimeo (vimeo.com) and opened video accounts there. From what I've read and watched there, it doesn't seem Vimeo blocks anything or if they do I haven't encountered it as yet. I'm thinking of opening an account there for videos that YouTube tends to block out, as I've had a few blocked there myself as well as some have had their soundtracks muted too. The ones they muted happend a while back and I don't think they are doing that any longer, but they do block anything that they think is WMG content. I'd like to know how the heck they can tell by someone recording a live video that isn't the actual file on a computer that the music track belongs to WMG or anyone else for that matter.

Because if they can do that, I'd sure love to have the software to CHECK and VERIFY all my music files that I have no idea where they came from except were on an obscure Halloween CD with no details of who owns the music I've purchased over the many years I've been collecting these things!

Sure would save me, and probably a lot of other folks, a lot of headaches from uploading video with content that we know would be blocked at sites like YouTube.

Then we could upload them elsewhere and not waste our time uploading to YouTube only to find it BLOCKED later!

Anyone know how YouTube checks these music files for specific ownership/copyright? And just where can we find software to do that? Anyone really know???