Light-O-Rama Forums

Nieghbors Mailbox

DRussell

Anybody have any creative ideas on how to protect the neighbors mailbox? We are at the end of a cul-de-sac, and last year his brick mailbox was bumped and shifted on it's base. I would feel really bad if some mad-mom destroyed it while moving around the cul-de-sac (and probably talking on the phone).

I thought about wrapping it in lights so it was visible and running it off my sign for the radio.

Any ideas?

DRussell wrote:

I thought about wrapping it in lights so it was visible and running it off my sign for the radio.

I can't come up with a better one than that... I agree that lighting it is the key.

I like the lights idea.... I was gonna recommend reflective tape but lights would make it more visible.

If he doesnt want the lights on there and you want some reflective vinyl I have some scrap laying around that I can send you .... just let me know

Its nice of you to consider, but I tihnk thats a problem between the soccer mom and the person who's mailbox she hit.

Anyhow, Rubbermade has a mailbox and post that is all plastic.

My neighbor's mailbox was run over a couple of years ago. Fortunately, I had a replacement installed within minutes of discovery.

After that, I went out and purchased a very large orange cone and put it in front of the box. It would not deter a pickup truck, but would be felt if it were a passenger car.

Hope this helps.

Dale W wrote:

My neighbor's mailbox was run over a couple of years ago.  Fortunately, I had a replacement installed within minutes of discovery.

I carry a spare mailbox with me at all times. There is also a collection of headlights in the garage. :cool: