Light-O-Rama Forums

Adjust percentage level of whole track

Jay Czerwinski

I got my LORs 32 channels just before Halloween. Set up my lights and realized there was not enough time to write my own sequences from scratch. So I downloaded others' sequences from online and reassigned channels to my setup. But the lighting levels were too high for my setup, and I ended up having to rewrite many tracks to match on/off, fades, and effects at a lower light level. Almost as time consuming. I just grinned and thought "You get what you pay for!". Ha!

But there are a lot of cool sequences I would like to buy too....

Anyway, it would have been nice if I knew of a way to grab an entire track and reduce it by 70% so that the original creator's 100% is 30% for me if I want it to be, and all of the fades are squished accordingly.

I suppose this would be helpful too if copying a blue light track to white light tracks and wanting to change the settings to the white is the same brightness as blue.

Any suggestions? Maybe submit this as a request to LOR?

Thank you in advance,
Jay

While you can not set intensity min or max in each track you can set a min and max intensity for your controllers.

With a controller hooked up, open the hardware utility. Do a 'refresh' and find your controllers. Click on 'configure' on this page you can set the min and max intensity for this one controller.

Thanks. I'll submit the idea as well as play with the hardware settings - but the hardware setting will be mainly for my education as I do not want to dim all of the channels on that unit.

An idea I had while offline would be to put a physical dimmer inline on the circuit I want to dim - or use a much lower wattage light bulb.

Thanks again for the help! :-)