Light-O-Rama Forums

Winterland Arches

Guest guest

On order. Ordered them last week along with some of those 48" LED Snowflakes, those were a deal. If you look @ those arches, they are the same size as Zach from PC made them except he used 5' PVC. I duplicated what he did, but for the price of 6 I wanted more for next season.

I don't know. It only took me about 2 hours and $15 to build an arch including lights, plus the satisfaction of having done it myself and not just throwing money at it.

I built my own. Used led m5(very bright) and 10 foot long each section 15 inches long. Rather build something then buy it. It is the satisfaction.

I'm not buying their prelit one's, too expensive. BUT....For $23 you get 6 metal arches' ... To me thats a good deal.

paul sessel wrote:

pokrplr wrote:
I'm not buying their prelit one's, too expensive. BUT....For $23 you get 6 metal arches' ... To me thats a good deal.

You are only getting one frame.

They reworded it, recently. Even when I spoke to Tara it was 6 to a pack. I thought that was too good of a deal. Thanks for the heads up, Paul. Order about to be cancelled then :D

Even for a pack of 6, it's still too much. pvc for both the support and sleeves is cheaper, and more moldable (adaptable) that a fixed length frame that you still have to wrap.

pokrplr wrote:

paul sessel wrote:
pokrplr wrote:

You are only getting one frame.

They reworded it, recently. Even when I spoke to Tara it was 6 to a pack. I thought that was too good of a deal. Thanks for the heads up, Paul. Order about to be cancelled then :D

From the ad:

Price quoted is per frame. Come in materpacks of six.

As far as build or not to build, I'm always in favor of build; it's why nothing I've done so far (controllers, rainbow floods, etc) is pre-made/assembled. As mentioned, just beginning to look at arches, so part of that process is seeing whats out there, and gathering data.

As far as "always build"...when "life obligations/work/etc" gets in the way of "fun/hobby/amusement/etc", then business decisions need to be made...and sometimes that is buy, rather than build, even if at additional cost.

From the ad:

Price quoted is per frame. Come in materpacks of six.

As far as build or not to build, I'm always in favor of build; it's why nothing I've done so far (controllers, rainbow floods, etc) is pre-made/assembled. As mentioned, just beginning to look at arches, so part of that process is seeing whats out there, and gathering data.

As far as "always build"...when "life obligations/work/etc" gets in the way of "fun/hobby/amusement/etc", then business decisions need to be made...and sometimes that is buy, rather than build, even if at additional cost.

Yep, they changed the wording on that from 7 days ago. Even the sales rep understood it to be a 6 pack. Guess they caught and fixed their error. Either way, no harm, no foul...

I guess for a quick build (other than waiting for shipping), it saves having to cut pvc, the video makes it look like a 6" (or so) span across the frame, so not sure how wrapping would go. and what to do abt a bad section.. Settting up in the yard might be quicker tho, no rebar to drive ..

I wrapped 32 sleeves over the July 4th weekend while watching tv.. I have at least two more arches to do. Storing those premade arches might be easier if they're unwrapped.. sleeves would just go into a box/tub.

JJ, wrapping sleeves is easy and is a snap to swap out a bad section or change colors.. go ahead, you know you want toooooo!!! :D

jjdurrant wrote:

Hmmm... I wasn't going to do arches but I am reconsidering... DAMN YOU GUYS!! :D

"Just do it" you know you want to! you know your going to! HAHA

The white one's below are the 5ft 1/2 pipe. One's behind it are 10ft.

Good lord! I just noticed the all the cords! No wonder why the wife calls that room a fire hazard. smack.gif

46608_429777854588_328124109588_4694718_4366687_n.jpg

I used 1 inch pvc pipe. That way a metal foundation stake will slide right in. One stake per side and nothing else freestanding , now guy wires etc. They just stay put.