Light-O-Rama Forums

Check this mega tree

friskybri

That particular tree is from mrpackethead from DIYC. He designed them and sells them. They are around 200 buckets per string and controller. RGB is the way of the future and I suspect a lot of trees just like that next year. He has a website, but I can't remember what it is for the life of me.

Ponddude wrote:

That particular tree is from mrpackethead from DIYC. He designed them and sells them. They are around 200 buckets per string and controller. RGB is the way of the future and I suspect a lot of trees just like that next year. He has a website, but I can't remember what it is for the life of me.

buckets? :)

JBullard wrote:

Andrew (MrPacketHead) is also very active on the Aussie forums where almost all the RGB inovations seem to be coming from.

I heard tell that even a few members on here are hanging out over there...:)

JBullard wrote:

Yeah, I see several of you NJ/Philly area folks on from time to time. lol

PLEASE don;t associate NJ with Philly, those are fighting words...:) LOL

cenote wrote:

JBullard wrote:

PLEASE don;t associate NJ with Philly, those are fighting words...:) LOL

This is true!!! Philly --- YUCK!!!!!!!

Oops!

CrazyLightLady and I were talking last night. I'm planning to join you all next year.

She said you were a pretty good bunch of guys even if you are Yankees.

Sorry Chuck and Dan

cenote wrote:

JBullard wrote:

I heard tell that even a few members on here are hanging out over there...:)

I hang out on the New Zealand forum. They make their own LED light sets as well.

Ponddude wrote:

RGB is the way of the future and I suspect a lot of trees just like that next year. He has a website, but I can't remember what it is for the life of me.

You give me the money and I will go that route too......but I will stay old school for a few more years and skip RGB.

Christmas is commercialized no doubt about it.

Being downunder is only the northern hemispheres take on things. what is the top and what is the bottom in the universe. We think "down here'' we are on top anyway :). Well we do get the new day before you guys.

Anyway all great things to do with RGB lighting can be found at the auschristmaslighting forums and you wont feel alone as we have many members that come from downunder in the US.

PS: If you liked MPHs mega pixel tree last year then you should see what he has planned for this year.

friskybri wrote:

Yah but what is the cost for something like that?

Not cheap, thats one thing for sure, but thats the same with anything that is new and fresh, you have to pay for it. But on saying that the pixels that MPH and JEC developed are of commercial quality and not like the cheaper chinese offerings.

If im correct (dont quote me) that is 6000 pixels at approx $2 per pixel, so now do your maths. But then there are discounts on bulk purchases that would bring that cost down quiet considerably.

But you have to admit, thats one of the best if not the best mega tree you would have ever seen

JBullard wrote:

Oops!

CrazyLightLady and I were talking last night. I'm planning to join you all next year.

She said you were a pretty good bunch of guys even if you are Yankees.

It would be great to see you there John.

Don't let these Jersey boys fool you. They all wish they could hail from Philly. But it costs too much to get across the bridge :P

cenote wrote:

JBullard wrote:

PLEASE don;t associate NJ with Philly, those are fighting words...:D LOL

I don't really see a difference- both great people.:P