Light-O-Rama Forums

Lightning and thunder sequences?

tekcor1

I'm in desperate need of a sequenced example of lightning. I tried to sequence it on my own last week and it is truly horrible! Last year I used a color organ and was happy with how it looked, except that I couldn't drive nearly enough lights without popping the fuse. I upgraded to LOR last Christmas and had high hopes of running my thunder/lightning with it this year, but more lights or not, my sequencing is terrible.

I have great audio, I just need an example of how to sequence it. Can anyone help? I did check out WowLights because someone mentioned they sell a sequence, but I can't justify the $80 price tag on it.

HELP?!?

Drop me your email address. I have a very short sequence for my Halloween, but it's really pretty simple. I just pop some strobes just as the thunder sounds, then use shimmer on all my other channels (Only have a few for Halloween as most are taken up by the faces) for a few seconds, twinkle at 20% for a bit, shimm for a few seconds then twinkle fade the channels down. I mixed the "Welcome foolish mortals" wav file and thunder claps that another use posted (I appologize I don't remember his username offhand). I can certainly send you those.

I went ahead and attached the sequence.. again.. it's pretty short.

Attached files welcomemortal.lms