Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and Halloween

Guest guest

Dale W wrote:

What do you do with your LOR on Halloween?

I was going to start out with a simple display - right now it's up to 32 channels! It's a good dry run to get everything checked out while your fingers are still not frostbitten (up here in the North country).

Mike

Attached files 72229=4426-October1.JPG

Basically, it will be a test for me. While I've hooked the LOR unit up to my PC, I've yet to actually plug any lights into it. We put our decorations out today. Probably tomorrow (Monday) I'll be putting the unit up outside for the first time and will light stuff to it.

Currently, I'm without a way to broadcast music, but that should be fixed this week also. In the meantime, I'm designing a LOR Animation just to play around a little, and will probably do a few musical sequences to test the unit out some more. All my work has been centered around Christmas, but maybe this week I should actually practice with Halloween for a rehearsal practice!

Don wrote:

Dale W wrote:
What do you do with your LOR on Halloween?

Start getting it ready for Christmas, of course.

Actually, I used my current display for Halloween and added my LED "T" mega tree for a test during the OKC Quicky mini and played Christmas music. It worked out really great. Halloween is a great time to test for Christmas.

Tom

Yep! As you saw on my 5 videos that linked to earlier in this thread, I am using 2 of my mini trees, made from LEDs. I bought small wire easels from JoAnn’s Fabrics, and wrapped them.

Each mini tree has 300 white LEDs that I bought at Costco. So far the cost for each mini tree is up to $35, just because of the high priced LED strings.

Yesterday I found a few of the blue LEDS at Sam’s Club. So I am now going to add another 300 Blue LEDs to each of my mini trees, so that they can be LOR switched to be either 300 white LEDs or 300 BLue LEDs, or fade between the 2. This will mean each of my 8 LED mini trees will be end up at a cost of $70. Ouch!

jeffostroff wrote:

Santa's Helper:

Got any photos of the LED T Tree you mentioned?

Jeff,

I have photos of erecting the T tree up and video during the test. I was trying to figure out inserting audio into the video last night using Pinnacle Studio but ran out of time (first time at video editing). I'm planning to post everything this evening. I used blue LED lights (from Sam's) and they look totally awesome. I very bright, deep blue and they fade, flicker and twinkle nicely. I also plan to add white leds myself for the real set-up in November.

Tom