Light-O-Rama Forums

My First Light-O-Rama Halloween

Amazingmg

Newbie here.

I bought a 16 channel Wow-lights Halloween package and 5 sequences. Swapped the 5 Tombstones for 3 sets of my own Jack-o-lanterns on ch's 1-5. I had more idea's in mind, but it's taken me 3-4 weeks to get all the stuff bought and together with the "help" of my three boys (2,4, & 6). :)

This was a trial run for Christmas.......and did I mention I want more channels!

First it's more channels.. then.. OOooh.. I want those arches.. let's see.. 8 channels each, 4 arches.. thats 32 more channels... OH.. and I want that mega tree.. 16-96 channels depending on how elaborate you want.. LED RGB.. ok.. then it's DC controllers and power supplies.. pretty soon you start getting ready for Christmas in July!

It's a great hobby.. but you will never have enough channels. :)

boborino wrote:

pretty soon you start getting ready for Christmas in July!

It's a great hobby.. but you will never have enough channels. :)

Or even start right after you take down Christmas! Jan 3rd was the day for me

Already purchased stuff for 2011 since my 2010 is FINALLY complete. Its sick to be planning for next year before you even start this year. :shock:

LOL.. well.. if they ever have an intervention and try to cure you... let me know your address so I can take all those evil controllers and decoractions off your hand! :)

bisquit476 wrote:

Very cool.

As far as wanting more channels, we've all been there, done that, got the t shirt.

:0 I want a t-shirt!

Yes.. More channels!

After I got 2 controllers, I started iDMX-1000 with an Intimidator. This year I just added more lights.

I would like another controller for next year, but that would require more power..

But it will never be complete. There are infinite things to add.

Nice show.

And just to warn you, if you think the 3 - 4 weeks time you spent on your first year was long, Ha it's going to double next year! More lights+ more controllers+ more sequences= more FUN!

Enjoy!