Light-O-Rama Forums

Finished 16 Channel LOR Picture

Guest guest

i was gonna do the same thing with the plugs, but my neighbor the electrician told me that i couldnt isolate indvidual plugs, so i guessing that each 2-way plug is one channel?

waterfreak wrote:

i was gonna do the same thing with the plugs, but my neighbor the electrician told me that i couldnt isolate indvidual plugs, so i guessing that each 2-way plug is one channel?

Depending on the type of receptacles plug you have there should be a tab between the screws that just has to be snapped off and then the outlets can be wired to be a separate channel.

dgiordano wrote:

waterfreak wrote:

Depending on the type of receptacles plug you have there should be a tab between the screws that just has to be snapped off and then the outlets can be wired to be a separate channel.

When I installed my hardwire for my show, I had two outlets in each box but each box had three circuits/channels. I snipped the tab between the screws to individualize one of the two outlets to make three individual outlets. But, make sure they are not the outlets with the internal bus bar (the ones that wires can just be slipped in in the back). You can seperate each dual plug into 2 circuits as long as you get the right outlets. I did this with 18 boxes and yes, it was to code (for our city code anyway) and they work great. So 16 outlets could be 32 channels very easily (just be safe about it).

Hope this helps.

Tom