Light-O-Rama Forums

Fastest you can cycle a light?

joco

Ok... what is the fastest you can cycle a light on/off in LOR? I am trying to create an effect where a light flashes for .05 seconds. However, I have noticed that in the visualizer it doesnt always fire.

Thoughts? Is maybe .10 seconds the fastest?

Joe

joco wrote:

Ok... what is the fastest you can cycle a light on/off in LOR? I am trying to create an effect where a light flashes for .05 seconds. However, I have noticed that in the visualizer it doesnt always fire.

Joe

You may want to actually hook up a string of lights and test as I DON'T think the visualizer can keep up as fast as an actual event...

jimswinder wrote:

joco wrote:

Joe

You may want to actually hook up a string of lights and test as I DON'T think the visualizer can keep up as fast as an actual event...

I agree. many times I have re-ran a few seconds of one of my sequences and 3 or 4 times a light will not turn on and then on the 4th or 5th time it will light as programmed in the visualizer. But in the real world with lights attached to a controller. That light will blink each and every time. In my case I believe it is a combo of responsiveness of the LCD screen and maybe the video card of the laptop. I get better response from the desktop and LCD screen. So maybe the cheap video card in the laptop can not respond fast enough.

Also in Display Preferences, make sure that the Animation Redraw Throttle is set to "Low"... This will increase the refresh rate of the animation window (and increase CPU usage as well).

Dan