Light-O-Rama Forums

Video problems

caimakale

I am running the hallowindow videos (videos 1-3) as part of my halloween light show but am having a problem with the video staying full screen. It's totally sporadic as to when it will play in a small window vs full screen. Sometimes it will start in a small window and then jump to full screen part way through the video.

Anyone else experience this? Is there a way to fix it?

I haven't heard of quite that before. There is a known issue where the video player will kick out of full screen mode when a song ends, and then re-enter it when the next song begins, but I've never heard of it not going into full screen mode until the middle of a song.

Perhaps try running Windows Update, and also updating Windows Media Player to the latest version applicable to your system? And perhaps see if you have any unnecessary codecs installed for WMP, and if so, uninstalling them.

bob wrote:

And perhaps see if you have any unnecessary codecs installed for WMP, and if so, uninstalling them.

How does one go about knowing/choosing which codecs are unnecessary?

jimswinder wrote:

bob wrote:
And perhaps see if you have any unnecessary codecs installed for WMP, and if so, uninstalling them.

How does one go about knowing/choosing which codecs are unnecessary?

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with them; I just know that they can sometimes cause strange things to happen.

It wasn't any extra codecs or anything that was the problem. The laptop I am using is new and before loading any LOR software, I formatted the hard drive and installed a clean copy of Windows 7 (including all updates). Aside from LOR, nothing else is installed on it, .

I ended up opening up WMP (it was the first time it had been opened) and ended up doing the initial setup of it. Then I reloaded my video file for each of my video sequences, saved them, and rebooted the computer. I'm not sure which step in-particular fixed the problem but after doing everything mentioned above, I didn't experience any further problems.

It looks like your video is made in a higher resolution then what our projector can.

Also make your video's always a WMV file to use with Light-O-Rama.

The above was the trouble i had with my video.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello need help setting up a projector on a laptop

I have my proj. setup as 2nd monitor

how do i get video to open in full screen in the projector?

when i drag video window to 2nd monitor its not full screen.

also when I open new seq i have to drag again :)

Thanks

In the LOR sequencer, click on
Edit>Preferences>Video Preferences
Click on the button that says: Select Monitor, and drag your mouse to the second monitor (your Projector) and then click; then run the video sequence in LOR. That should do the trick!

In preferences, you should also click on video preferences and select full screen